Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

This ever happen to you? Second time for me (in 36 yrs)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Silver Member

Re: This ever happen to you? Second time for me (in 36 yrs)

He told me after that incident! Now I don't let my gun get out of arms reach no matter what! Kinda makes my wife mad at home though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Gold Member

A member of my shooting club was zeroing on the 100m range when a nice cock pheasant strutted infront of the targets, it was quickly despatched with a slug from this guys rifle. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Not only is it illegal to shoot game on a range here in Britain, he had shot the range owners wife's semi tame pet! and it was all caught on CCTV.
The range owner was not amused and immediately cancelled his membership and informed the police, who in turn revoked his Firearms licence and confiscated his rifles.
Many times game animals have strolled infront of the guns and the temptation to shoot them is immense but not at the expense of your guns and your hobby.

Ian.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Bronze Member

Once upon a time, at Knob Creek Range just south of Louisville ,KY and next door to Fort Knox. There were 10-12 shooters on the range and sombody said "Look a groundhog" Well most of the shooters were tuning up thier favorite Hog rifles so all hell broke loose. That Hog was shot to pieces.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Bronze Member

I live in N. Idaho and have a 500 yd. home range. Over the years, I've had moose walk across, deer grazing while shooting, black bear run across during a lull, etc. The funniest was when I was shooting my 6.5-284 at 300 yards, 20X scope, and something brown ran through my field of view. At first I thought it was my Lab but he was in the shop. Looked up and a small brown phase bear was running across the field.
Saw two elk at the Upper Nisqually 600 range in March.