Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ethics question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Silver Member

Re: Ethics question

It's your board. I'm just a guest. Have a nice day.
Isn't this country grate!!
Old 09-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member

LB,
Thank you for a great response to those questions - wish I could make such a solid statement when I need one. The questions are ones that all hunters must make some personal decisions about - but they are also a mine-field that seem to inflame some guys. You also got a positive response from the originator of the questions so - let's move on.

I believe that Len's positiion is based on his desire to keep this site on track - Long Range Hunting is Long Range Hunting.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Silver Member

Ian, thanks for the compliment.

I have been on the boards for quite a few years, and see just about every question, legit and otherwise, and some seem to be guaranteed to force people to choose sides, which is always counterproductive, since we are few, against many.

The topic is closed, as far as I'm concerned, I wrote to Len and apologized for responding (at all) rather than ignoring the issue. I assumed the closure of the topic was permanent, since the subject of this entire Board is LONG RANGE HUNTING, and that, in itself is a subject that some people would call into question. Unfairly, to be sure, since there are many degrees of competence, and specialized equipment involved. That cannot be stressed enough for the average reader, out there.

Bottom line, I can certainly see where all moral judgements are best avoided. I guess trapping forums face similiar problems, bomb throwers shouting animal cruelty, etceteras? It's too bad it has come to this, since freedom of speech is a sharp, two edged sword. End of subject. LB [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-09-2004: Message edited by: LB ]