Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Escuse me while I scream......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Gold Member

Escuse me while I scream......

There isn't a cloud in the sky, no noticable breeze blowing, temps in the mid-60's. I have a couple dozen shells loaded up for the new rig, and contractors working on the house and can't get away. At least if it were weather not permitting it, I could at least find something else to occupy my time. They know their work, just can't help myself, I just gotta watch, and have to be here, while they are here.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]<font color="red">AAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH</font> [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Thank you, I feel much better now.[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 03-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Escuse me while I scream......

Mike:

Looks like you're gonna be tied up with contractors etc. for quite a while so you might as well just ship that sucker up here to me and I'll put some rounds down the barrel for you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]This way you won't have to be concerned with whether you can shoot or not and it'll come back to you, in a short period of time [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], all ready for you to shoot.

I knew I should have just brought it back with me from Kirby's. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just kidding. I know how you must feel but they'll be gone soon and then you can get to the real fun. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Keep us posted and remember, lots of pics.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:02 PM
SPONSOR

Ha, Ha!!

I know how you feel. Having a new toy and not being able to play w/it is even worse than waiting for the toy itself!!

If it makes you feel any better, I shot about 20 rounds through my 270 AM and my 300 RUM this morning. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Silver Member

Of course you could have a long discussion on how you expect quality and timelyness. Then set up a target out back, do your zeroing, then ask if they had any questions. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Silver Member

Being a contractor myself, I can tell you that sometimes this can backfire. For insance- I was working on a house out of town and the guy told me how important it was to be done on time. He then proceeded to shoot his 45-70 in the back yard. I asked him if he liked pistols, he said yes, so I pulled my suppressed HK 45 tactical out of the truck and let him try it out. He was still of the thinking that sound suppressors were illegal and thought I was looney. I educated him and then finished my job before schedule. Come to think of it he paid his bill immediately.

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com