Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

EPA Refuses to Ban Lead Bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Silver Member

EPA Refuses to Ban Lead Bullets

Check out this link.

Environmental Protection Agency rejects bid to protect wildlife from lead ammunition | This Dish Is Veg

Last edited by gunaddict; 08-30-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Bolder print
Old 09-04-2010, 08:53 AM

Re: EPA Refuses to Ban Lead Bullets

Here in Sweden we have laws banning from the use of lead pellets in shotguns when shooting over smaller(less deep) lakes and marshlands. Not in any other area, except on most shooting ranges.

When hunting in the forest, we need to have led bullets, because when the trees are taken down, the steel bullets/pellets will harm the loggers machines. And I mean, if we shoot at an animal, whichever kind of bullet or pellet, we see if we hit, and if we hit we find the animal. I never leave a hit animal to die, I find it and I kill it. Mostly I use a search-dog. So no, there shouldn't be that many animals running around with lead pellets in them for eagles to eat.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Silver Member

The problem some people see here in the US of A is when you field dress an animal and leave the entrails in the field for the scavengers to clean up. These people contend that the scavenging birds and animals are being poisoned by the lead.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Silver Member

I agree Hinkraka, I would support a law requiring people to actually do an exhaustive search for animals they have fired on. Not sure how you could enforce it, but I hate when people fire and the deer runs so they assume they missed. STUPID! I have killed a LOT of deer that never shed a drop of blood before they fell dead 75-100 yards away, and didn't show any definitive signs they were hit before that. That 13 point that I killed did that. I knew I hit because I had that kind of confidence in my gun, but there was no blood trail. He ran 75 yards and fell dead just under my stand, I was walking in and snuck up on him.