Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Email Post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

Email Post

Yesterday my pear tree spilt and blew down in the the Nor'easter. Today I was outsmarted by four turkeys and to top that off a Federal Park Ranger wanted to arrest me for hunting with a fishing rod and his ole worthless barky dog wanted out of the surburban to bite me.

So I get home and am just watching a bunch of anorexic girls trying to be the next Top Model and suddenly I see this wierd thing show up on my laptop.

What is the little icon that at the bottom that says "email post" and what does it do?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Gold Member

Re: Email Post

Don't know what it means, but sounds like you had a great day! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Makes mine look better...........

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
RMEF Member
Old 04-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member

I dunno !

But all my Japanese maples are frost bit so bad that the leaves will have to fall off and and then re grow . Same with my wisteria on the overhead trellis by the pool . Cannas , daylillys , boxwoods , crape myrtles , gardenias all zapped bad .

Then my friend Bryce made the mistake of telling his sons where I had been seeing a strutting tom before the season opened . Well it aint strutting no mo , they went and whacked it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Gloom , despair , agony on me . Deep dark depression , excessive misery [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We just need to stay out west longer BB.............question is where is Roy going to stay once we get there
Old 04-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Gold Member

Don't know offhand, but:

-was it showing when you booted up your laptop?
-what programs did you have running at the time?
-what do you see if you right click your mouse on the icon?
-do you have a firewall/anti-virus/anti-spyware programs running?

Just a few things that might help to narrow it down.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:00 AM
Platinum Member

I think you are talking about the little envelope icon at the bottom of each post? If so, you can send the post via email to an email address (without needing to copy/paste into your email program). Kinda nice if you are using a public computer and want to send a post to someone (yourself maybe).

Hope that helps.

Don

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 04-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks Don

That makes sense being as I use public libraries when I am out west. Somehow I had never ever noticed the little envelope icon thing before.

Some posts are worth saving, especially, if someone actually gives the grid coordinates of where a good turkey can be found. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]