Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Electronic Hearing Protection???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Electronic Hearing Protection???????

"SoundGear Electronic Hearing Protection is what I choose to use. I tried the muffs but switched to SoundGear lately because they are an in-the-ear solution. -Len Backus- Publisher of LRH"
I purchased a set of Howard light Electronic hearing protection muffs ? I havent opened them yet , thought I should ask you all what you use and if these would work it says that it will magnify low level noises so I plan on hunting with them and not taking them off . I have had two bucks sneak upon me and I couldnt get my hearing protection on so buck fever got the best of me and I shot anyways . 3 hours later my ears was still a little ringy (not good) . I have a defensive edge 4 port brake on my rum so its pretty darn loud . ( I love the brake)

Thankls for looking........

Last edited by Len Backus; 03-31-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Silver Member

Re: Electronic Hearing Protection???????

I have a set of Peltors that I realy like, I have not hunted with them but they work at helping me to hear range commands. Nothing like having the RO ask do you want a shoot over, and me coming back with "no not shooting a Stoger".
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

I have two sets of the Howard Leight Impact Sports, one mine and one issued. I wear them all the time hunting. They amplify sound, protect my hearing, I can plug in music and they keep my ears warm when it's cold outside.
Plus they fit under my ACH (helmet).
Just don't get them wet.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 4 View Post
I have two sets of the Howard Leight Impact Sports, one mine and one issued. I wear them all the time hunting. They amplify sound, protect my hearing, I can plug in music and they keep my ears warm when it's cold outside.
Plus they fit under my ACH (helmet).
Just don't get them wet.
Thanks for the reply and more than that thanks for your service !
Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Gold Member

The Peltors are much better sound quality wise, not as well built as he Howard's though. If going to hunt with then invest in some that fit in he ear.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:07 AM

Hi everyone today am here to ask something which is that
I was looking at the hyskore or the Howard light. Do you know of any others or how the hyskore and Howard light perform?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson0 View Post
Hi everyone today am here to ask something which is that
I was looking at the hyskore or the Howard light. Do you know of any others or how the hyskore and Howard light perform?
I may be taking the Howard lites back for a refund . I am going to make sure the batteries that came with them are good tho ? I cannot tell any difference in the volume control at all for the noise levels . I already had a pair of normal ear muffs but decided to get the electronics for hunting . I will keep this thread updated.