Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Educational post with Videos- Sitka Gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Silver Member

Educational post with Videos- Sitka Gear

Hello members,

The reason for this post is because, in the hunting game there are those who choose to use equiptment that gives them an advantage, while others prefer to keep everything old school. This post is geared more towards the hardcore hunters, the ones trying to get the most out of every single aspect in hunting.

Often times when I speak to people about Sitka Gear the first response I get is "That stuff is too expensive" and to be quite honest I thought the same thing a few years ago before I really looked into WHY it is so expensive. I also wanted to take a good hard look at this gear to see if it has a real "Return on Investment".

Let me start off by saying, if you are set in your old ways and prefer to do everything your way with out any regard to what the better options are in the hunting game, then read no further, as this post will be a waste of your time.

Before I show you the videos I would like to give you a little background on my experience and basis. I begin my hunting season in Late August/Early September every year, I start hunting at a minimum rate of 8 days a month until May the following year. I pursue everything from Dove and Waterfowl to Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer and what ever tags are drawn. (Moose, Mountain Goat, Big horn Sheep, Bear) I average about 2-5 elk a year, 5-10 deer a year, 250+ Ducks, 300 canada geese, 1k+ Snow Geese, 2-6 Antelope a year and 4-6 turkey a year. Not including international hunts or random draws.

My game changing experience: A few years ago when I first purchased Sitka Gear I looked into the science behind it then tried it myself, this is what I found:

High Country mule deer hunt, I was absolutley amazed at the amount of comfort and breathability in this gear. The cuts, the temperature control and mobility is like walking naked with regulated body temperature.

Archery Elk: Once again, extremely comfortable, but that wasnt what fully sold me. I encountered 3 elk, 2 cows and 1 bull at very close ranges. I was caught out in the open by a cow elk in 12ft high willows, and stood still. Said cow stood there, barking at me for no less than 4 minutes coming closer and backing up trying to make out my out line, but just couldnt seem to do it. I experienced the exact same thing with the other two elk, as i had never been caught that close, and any time I was even remotley close to an elk they busted my slightest movement. Not this time, these elk simply could not figure out what they were looking at. Considering the comfort and the actually effective camo pattern, I highly suggest any seriouis hunter try what Sitka Gear has to offer.

Credibility: I am well known in the Colorado hunting community, and have proven my capabilities/knowledge to many. Every hunter that knows me, knows I will not settle for "ok" gear, and more importantly I have a reputation for only selling and pushing what I truly know to be effective.

The difference is found in what the actual game sees, not what meets the human eye, if you get nothing else out of this post, then take the time to watch these videos in order to get an idea of what goes into designing a camo patter that works beyond anything else availible on the market.

Video 1 Optifade Open Country- Original Science and Basis

Video 2: Part of basis-concealment

Video 3 development

Video 4 Technology

Optifade Forrest Development

and New for 2012 Optifade Waterfowl