Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Dyna Bore Coat Use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Bronze Member

Dyna Bore Coat Use?

Looking for advice on the relative success of using Dyna Bore Coat by other members of the forum. I would like to reduce the copper fouling I am getting on a new 22-250 and looking for some feedback before I apply this to my bore. Any users of this product out there and if so, I sure would appreciate your thoughts and experiece on using this, Thanks.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Silver Member

Re: Dyna Bore Coat Use?

AZ Mike , I too am considering the Dyna Bore Coat application after reading John Barsness article on restoring throats...did touch base with one of my suppliers > Sinclair [great company] got a negative report from one of the techs. Hope springs eternal for relief from cleaning grind. Many are suspect about sports writers product reports but Barsness has always seemed very down to earth to me. Have you found out any word of mouth from actual users?
Thanx in advance for taking time for a response.
CR
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Bronze Member

CR:
I unfortunately have not received replys from actual users of this product. It's distribution appears to be extremely limited. I as well have found conflicting reports of its usefulness. Hard to say on this product. For now, I am simply running a cooler burning powder with high round count rifles to reduce throat erosion and extend barrel life. Anything in ceramic seems to be the way to go, I suppose the best way is simply to try it and hope for the best!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Silver Member

I am a retired pilot and a lot of new engines are utilizing ceramic combustion components for longer life. I will keep you updated on how it turns out.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks CR, look forward to hearing how you get along with it. One of the purported advantages on this product is to also reduce copper fouling, thus less work cleaning and better accuracy. Since I switched to 5R rifling, the copper fouling issue went away completely so I also felt less need to try the product. However, I would like to hear any success stories as I have some other rifles with standard rifling that could benefit from this product if it works. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!!