Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Dumbest things you have heard #2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Bronze Member
Re: Dumbest things you have heard #2

[quote=Shawn Carlock;29772 He clearly did not recognize my voice on the video.[/quote]

Now thats funny.

Heres one you can appreciate, My buddy owns a army surplus store and he get all kind of whack jobs in there. One day me and a friend of mine who had just got back from Iraq where there just b-s ing when this old boy comes up and starts telling us about his days as a Marine sniper we let him ramble for a few minutes and then my friend asked him what rifle he used to which he stuck out his chest and exclaimed I dont remember what it was call but it was a 270. Why does every one have to be a sniper or recon us engineers get no

Semper Fi

Unread 07-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member

Dumbest and Funniest

1991 as the first Gulf war was going on, some young enterprising young (think he was an E3 in a leg unit) soldier went home and gave an interesting interview to his local newspaper where he stated he was an E7 in Special Forces in Iraq and had been issued the "GLOVE".

Now this glove was special for sure. It had GPS, night vision, secure radio, built in pistol and all sorts of other goodies built into it such as even an altimeter for HALO jumps etc.

The local newspaper article about their hero and the GLOVE got sent to the Commanding General at JFK Center at Fort Bragg where we trained all SF.

Needless to say it stirred up quite an interest and a lot of laughs. Pretty sure the CG contacted his Commander and got the story straight.

The running joke for months was to walk down the halls and hold one hand in the air signifying the GLOVE, even the CG was seen to do it once or twice for laughs. Plus all of us kept asking our supply sgts for our GLOVE and someone even went to our Combat Development Division to ask them to formally develop and field the GLOVE.

Never let it be said that a local hero is not inventive to say the least.

Unread 07-22-2009, 10:19 AM

It never fails to amaze me how many insecure people there out there that have to pretend to be someone or something else to feel good about themselves.
Shawn Carlock
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Silver Member

Wow Shawn, I didn't know you were a Marine sniper too...I never saw that plaque on your wall. Have to start calling you Shawn 'Carlos' Carlock!

Unread 07-22-2009, 10:44 AM

"30-30 is a heck of a deer cartridge!"

"That huge 45-70 is ****ing stupid!"

"That huge 45-120 is the stupidest ****ing that I've ever seen Tyler, and I thought that 45-70 thing was dumb!"

"There ain't no way you shot that deer at 640 yards, that 6mm bullet won't even go that far because I shot my 243 that far one time and it was hitting way in front of the target!"

"Check out this new scope, it's called a BSA and I think you can see in the dark with it, because everything has a green tinge!"

Yes, I do hunt in southren' Missourah :(
Unread 07-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Gold Member

pistols can't shoot that far...
Unread 07-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Silver Member

When I lived in Orofino Idaho in the late 80's two California hunters rolled into town and hit every bar to show off what they were sure was a new "Record Elk".
Turned out to be a dead moose with an Elk tag on it. At one point during the show one of them asked "How long does a deer have to live before it becomes an elk?"
Not one local explained the situation to them. A game warden met them at Whipples Feed [game processor] and gave them an education.

A fishing guide friend of mine in upstate New York [Lake Ontario] had a client ask him how long it took a salmon to swim from Alaska to New York.
Outside of a dog a gun is mans best friend.
Inside a dog its too dark to shoot.