Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Drop Camp Elk Hunt ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Gold Member

Drop Camp Elk Hunt ?

I am looking to do an Archery Elk hunt with my two boys. I can not afford a guided hunt for the three of us. I have found several different services that offer reasonably priced drop camp hunts. We are open to going just about anywhere - Colorado, Wyoming... Anybody have a favorite they could recommend checking out?
RMNS 8:28
Old 02-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Drop Camp Elk Hunt ?

You could try Moss Springs out of LaGrande Or. Theyre reasonably priced, and thier bow hunters usually get into elk. Also Might try Deadwood Outfitters,the Carters out of Baker Or. They guide and do drop camps in Idaho. I went to college, and rodeo'd with thier daughter at T.V.C.C. And theyre family has a very good name in Baker Or. Honest good folks. Either of these would probably be good to try out for Oregon or Idaho.
Also towards the bottom of the main page, L/R/H has a list of guides who are long range friendly.(I dont know if this pertains to archery or not)

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"