Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Don't think it can't happen to you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Don't think it can't happen to you.

SBruce and JUDD......I didn't mean to imply that Hispanics were the only problem and I realize that anyone of any race has the potential to be a harm to me and/or my family. It's just that living in an area that is heavily dependent upon agriculture dictates that around here I know where the majority of the problems will come from.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Platinum Member

I didn't take it as race oriented, but I understand where you're coming from with all the illegal imigration. Illegals invading our country from any border
is a sore subject for me.

There's very few people that aren't white in Casper, WY and crazys, crack heads or drunk idiots still run the streets unfortunately. Judd, you are absolutley correct, it doesn't matter. We have to be prepared regardless where we live is the point I was trying to make.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
SBruce and JUDD......I didn't mean to imply that Hispanics were the only problem and I realize that anyone of any race has the potential to be a harm to me and/or my family. It's just that living in an area that is heavily dependent upon agriculture dictates that around here I know where the majority of the problems will come from.

Didn't mean that as a hit towards you at all. I'm white and some of the biggest trash I ever meant was also white. Every race has it's own "Gems".
Old 12-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Glad you didn't have to cash that check....

I never leave home without it

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 12-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

Glad it turned out for the best. I've certainly had my 'lazy' moments.

Thanks for posting,
AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 12-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

Good babble!

Another couple of months and the nifty Springfield XD-9 compact will be my constant companion.

Would feel better with it in SLC too, but I'm in a place where 'security' is immediately available at least during working hours.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Another couple of months and the nifty Springfield XD-9 compact will be my constant companion.
Sounds like a good plan.

Quote:
Would feel better with it in SLC too, but I'm in a place where 'security' is immediately available at least during working hours.
We recently had a man, his wife and grandma beat to death just west of town. They were living in a gated development and probably thought they were safe. Drugs will make the low lifes do some really bizarre stuff.

If it was me I'd have something near by all the time and wouldn't rely on somebody else for my safety. It only takes a couple of seconds to get your gun out and it takes way longer than that to call the cops for help. And then......they may not even come in time.