Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Don't think it can't happen to you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Don't think it can't happen to you.

Well, reading this makes me want to grab my Sig. I got a CCW and honestly have yet to carry my weapon and I've been places where I really should have been carrying.

I'm going to stop internetting right now and go get it out of the safe, load up 2 clips and put it in the holster right now.

Thanks for the post.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrangebob View Post
Sheet .... how long for the Adrenaline shakes to wear off?? you are fortunate to live in a jurisdiction where a carry gun is possible and legal !! (I used to) ... bye the bye how do you like the Rifle Kirby made for you?? LRB (ps. I am anxiously awaiting a 280 AI being made as we speak) ... LRB
Kirby does awesome work, it's as good as you can get.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek M. View Post
Well, reading this makes me want to grab my Sig. I got a CCW and honestly have yet to carry my weapon and I've been places where I really should have been carrying.

I'm going to stop internetting right now and go get it out of the safe, load up 2 clips and put it in the holster right now.

Thanks for the post.
If you've got the permit then carry it all of the time. Part time carry just means you won't have it when you need it.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Gold Member

So... interesting wrinkle. Step-daughter being under 21, and this being WA state... no handgun of her own, period AFAICT (I know in other states people under 21 can't *purchase* handguns, but they can own them e.g. if gifted by say a parent).

So no handgun, no CCW. Can't carry on campus anyway. Current discussion is whether a heavy duty stunner that she *can* keep in the car - which may just wind up providing someone else with a new lightly-used stunner if they bust into the car again - or something simple like a pump shotgun with light/reduced recoil defense loads for keeping at the house in the event of home invasion. I *do* have an 870 Police kicking around the closet that is (for me) about stone simple to operate (could probably do so in my sleep), though I've heard of people having problems short-stroking pumps under stress. Unfortunately it looks like the Aguila mini shells wouldn't feed reliably (damn shame) though I might buy a box just to try. Gonna look and see if any of the local stores carry any of the reduce/managed recoil defense loads that I've seen listed online. Worse comes to worse, bird shot loads would work, though I've heard their performance on individuals that are... chemically enhanced... is less than stellar compared to larger shot sizes. Granted, given the constraints of the user some compromise will be unavoidable.

Any other suggestions?
Old 12-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanuk View Post
So...Worse comes to worse, bird shot loads would work, though I've heard their performance on individuals that are... chemically enhanced... is less than stellar compared to larger shot sizes. Granted, given the constraints of the user some compromise will be unavoidable.

Any other suggestions?
Might get a 5 or 10 pack of #4 Buckshot or #1 Buckshot in 2 3/4" or 3" and see if they feed, since failure to feed is not an option! Good luck.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for sharing that with us. I carry some of the time but I do tend to leave home without it more than I should. Your story convinces me I should be more prudent. I don't live in a place similar to Yakima but it does happen here too occasionally. Glad it turned out well for you.

Gordon
Old 12-23-2011, 02:53 AM
Bronze Member

stupid is as stupid does i live near the cali border and what you just described happens on a daily basis,we are as a country being overrun by what we call wetbacks.due to the in charge group it is ok for them to do that and if you stand up for youre rights you are the bad one.just listen to the remarks made by jimmy carte about the dead leader of the commy country.then hear what the hnic said about carter.if you all aint heard our country is in deep trouble due to the big money in control.next time dont get caught in an unarmed position and shoot first.two can keep a secret if one is dead.aim small miss small,2 in teh head th baeck is dead.