Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Do you pay off your credit card responsibly? If so you just got screwed!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 09:33 PM

Re: Do you pay off your credit card responsibly? If so you just got screwed!!!

Then I to shall become a deadbeat!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Platinum Member

It would not suprise me if what Kirby states is true, the banking lobby pumps money into government officials. Goverment officials pump our money into the banking industry. Since they dried that well now there going to get it out of the people without it going thru the government directly. Pass laws so they can rape us and the goverment officials still get their "campaign contributions"

The CC co. have been screwing with the retailers as well, I ditched my contract with my retail credit card people, after they tried braking my contract and raise the rates and fees that they agreed to less than a year ago. 3 contract changes in less than 12 months and they all cost the retailer and benifit the CC co.

Our government at work, hoseing working americans every day.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Everything I posted came right from listening to CNN, FOX, NBC, ABC and CBS. Everyone of them reported on the exact same things I listed, every one of them and every one said that this bill opened up new options for credit card companies to recover any lost income that would come from these new restrictions and then they listed the following:

Increased user fees
Instant interest on purchases
Dramatic reduction in card benefits

They also reported that most of these would be directed toward those customers that paid their balances in full every month......

I did not make it up, every report I watched on the subject reported the exact same thing.

Ya would think that some of us would start looking through the rose colored glasses and see whats happening behind the scenes. If you think that nothing negative can be hidden in a bill passed by congress then I do not know what to tell you.

As far as those that think that Obama is our savior, you will learn someday that, well your wrong!!!! Those that feel this way will not get a direct response from me simply because I know their comments are only ment to start meaningless personal attach sessions that only take away from the topic at hand.

There was some good attached to the bill, Congrats to Oklahoma for electing someone with a pair!!! We need more of them, on both parties. Democrats can be every bit as conservative as Republicans and thats what we need. Its the liberal nuts that are attempting to destroy this country from the inside out and they are doing a hell of a job at it so far.

Funny thing, even California told the liberals to take it and stick it yesterday, good for the citizens of California.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Gold Member

If the CC co's. start changing interest from date of purchase I wonder how they'd like getting a check put in the mail every evening that I used the card for that amount? How much of a headache would it be for them to process those checks? Especially if they were sent with a delivery notification thru the mail.....

Once I tried to pay more than the balance because I knew that there was a charge that hadn't shown up and they wouldn't let me. (on-line that is) If I start seeing interest charges on the card I'll just go back to using a debit card and keep the CC for travel (renting cars, etc.)

Last edited by esshup; 05-20-2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added stuff.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Everything I posted came right from listening to CNN, FOX, NBC, ABC and CBS. ...
I did not make it up, every report I watched on the subject reported the exact same thing.
Kirby is correct, and this has been digested at the WSJ and NY times. I pay off my balance every month. My only credit card is an NRA VISA (god the Boulder hippies nearly melt like the wicked witch of the north when the see a picture of an Elk I killed on the front of the card, along with NRA on the back). I will ditch any card that charges me any fees, and simply use a debit card.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutslayer View Post
Why don't you and Kirby get a room? I tried to google for information supporting your statements and can't find anything? Got a link? Note: link must come from real news source, not white supremacist ultra-conservative douchenozzle media.
How about the NY times? I realize they have been prone to confabulation on occasion, but ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/bu.../19credit.html

If you search around their site, you will find other articles on this bill, and the sorts of changes that Kirby posted on, earlier.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

"the Boulder hippies nearly melt like the wicked witch of the north when the see a picture of an Elk I killed on the front of the card, along with NRA on the back"

That is too funny!

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl