Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Do you have a Facebook account?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Do you have a Facebook account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
I used to fight with my kids because of texting all the time, now I challenge them who can do it faster... I got sick of fighting them...
Have you ever tried "Swype" on your Evo for text entry?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member

Its a great way to share pictures of kills or rifles too so that might be kind of cool.

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 09-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Platinum Member

I can see how different people can view the "electronic age" differently. If a person has never used a computer much, if at all, then a lot of what some people embrace now would seem like useless junk and would be frowned on.

I was into electronics before home computers became available. I had the first Model 1 that Radio Shack came out with and have never looked back. I was into pre-cell phones before they were available by using what amounted to large hand held units that functioned via a repeater on a ridge outside of town and only worked locally.

Before I retired I purchased and installed million dollar computerized systems in an industrial environment, had 2 laptops and 3 desktop PCs in my office, carried a PDA, Cell phone and just about anything else that was available and had a mobile phone in my truck in addition to the rest of them. I guess if you grew up with the beginnings of this current electronic age then it might be a little easier and feel more comfortable but I can also tell you that if you have kids, or grandkids, and don't get on the electronic bandwagon then you will find that things aren't like they used to be and for some, that may be too late.

What is now considered rude by some is considered to be THE way to communicate and yes, the times they are a changin. If my kids and grandkids consider texting to be their preferred method of communication then guess what, I've got unlimited texting so I'm always in touch with them. The phone calls are still there so I look at it as getting texts in addition to the phone calls.

The electronic age of communications is something that we all should get comfortable with, at least to a certain degree. We no longer pick up the phone and listen to see if anyone is on the party line before we dial a phone number that would look foreign to young people now.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Have you ever tried "Swype" on your Evo for text entry?
No... I'll give it a try! I"ll let you know!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Gold Member

I have one that I don't use.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 09-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Silver Member

Yes, FB has allowed me to find a lot of my friends from my Army days as well as keep in touch with family, friends, and coworkers. It couldn't hurt to have the extra exposure for LRH