Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Do you have a Facebook account?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Do you have a Facebook account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
I hate Facebook but I had better start thinking about getting into it. I'm at the point that my friends put stuff for me on my wife's Facebook thingy instead of calling me or e-mailing. I guess I had better learn or be the old grouchy man in the corner that only communicate in growls and snarls. I'm in my early thirties and I am the only one of my friends that's not on Facebook, my mother is on Facebook for crying out loud!!
Bigngreen, buddy you arent alone! WE are the last of our dying breed.
I do not have a Facebook page, or e-mail (I used my wifes e-mail to sign up for L/R/H).
L/R/H is the only site I frequent, and it is the only place I want to frequent. Ive looked at other sites and have little to say in the way of good things about them. So I just avoid the computer most of the time unless I want to look up Nosler, or Hogden for load info, or maybe Cabelas bargain cave.

I grew up chasin cows and working on ranches. I have very little use for computers except for this place. And I like it that way. I dont even answer most text messages because I figure if somebody wanted me bad enough they would call or come over and talk in person. Texting seems rude to me.
I'd rather be left alone and not bother with all the latest ''soup''. But ya most all the folks I know have a Facebook thingy.
Im kickin and screaming into the 21st century!....and Im only 34yrs old as of tomorrow! Guess that makes me the antisocial-odd duck, but that sure doesnt fit my personality. I can strike up a friendly conversation anywhere, and frequently do. I just dont cotton to electronic gizmo's, gadgets, and places to do it.... (L/R/H being the exception)
So No, I dont have a facebook, and No, I dont plan to either.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 09-16-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbraach View Post
Facebook would be a great way of increasing awareness of the LRH site.
For a great example of this check out the SPOT Messenger page on Facebook.

Login | Facebook

I know there is a Catch-22 here. You will probably have to create a user account on Facebook to see the SPOT Messenger page.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Platinum Member

wife started an account for her and then one for me and I do look at it about once a week. Nice to see what old and new friends are up to.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member

Yes I have a facebook account.
But I dont think we as a long range hunting community should be opened to all the info and gozzip that facebook has. Personally I wouldnt like it if this great website gets hooked up with facebook.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jde512 View Post
Yes I have a Facebook page, Great way to cumunicate with family and freands

P.S. I'm 55 years old so it's not just for the younger Gen .
I'm 60 and I 2nd the motion.

NRA Life Member
Old 09-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Bigngreen, buddy you arent alone! WE are the last of our dying breed.
I do not have a Facebook page, or e-mail (I used my wifes e-mail to sign up for L/R/H).
L/R/H is the only site I frequent, and it is the only place I want to frequent. Ive looked at other sites and have little to say in the way of good things about them. So I just avoid the computer most of the time unless I want to look up Nosler, or Hogden for load info, or maybe Cabelas bargain cave.

I grew up chasin cows and working on ranches. I have very little use for computers except for this place. And I like it that way. I dont even answer most text messages because I figure if somebody wanted me bad enough they would call or come over and talk in person. Texting seems rude to me.
I'd rather be left alone and not bother with all the latest ''soup''. But ya most all the folks I know have a Facebook thingy.
Im kickin and screaming into the 21st century!....and Im only 34yrs old as of tomorrow! Guess that makes me the antisocial-odd duck, but that sure doesnt fit my personality. I can strike up a friendly conversation anywhere, and frequently do. I just dont cotton to electronic gizmo's, gadgets, and places to do it.... (L/R/H being the exception)
So No, I dont have a facebook, and No, I dont plan to either.
Winmag,

you're getting old faster than fast!!! You need a chill pill friend. You're worst than
me.

Quote:
Texting seems rude to me
Ha, ha, ha,.... That's good I like that... I'm finally getting into text messaging, I even got to learn what SMS and MMS stand for and their differences. You better
quit that attitude or you're gonna be one rude, grouchy grandpa!!!

Goodness you're only 34!!! I used to fight with my kids because of texting all the time, now I challenge them who can do it faster... I got sick of fighting them...

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Silver Member

I don't have a Facebook account. If my children were grown, and lived away I would for sure have one, but right now all a Facebook page would do for me is keep me in trouble with my GF.