Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Do you have a Facebook account?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Silver Member

Re: Do you have a Facebook account?

got a Facebook page.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member

I hate Facebook but I had better start thinking about getting into it. I'm at the point that my friends put stuff for me on my wife's Facebook thingy instead of calling me or e-mailing. I guess I had better learn or be the old grouchy man in the corner that only communicate in growls and snarls. I'm in my early thirties and I am the only one of my friends that's not on Facebook, my mother is on Facebook for crying out loud!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 09-16-2010, 01:33 PM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
As a mobile way of checking in on LRH
What does 'checking in" mean in this case?

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member

Whenever I'm away from home and/or a computer for while I will use my phone to "check in on LRH" and see what the latest threads and posts are.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

Yep...
Old 09-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Gold Member

Yes I do have a Facebook account. I think Dick's description sums it up well.

On another note, how about a Blackberry App for LRH? It would sure make time sitting in the airport go faster!

Brian
Old 09-16-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Can you explain how that would work?
In Facebook I have developed a group of friends who share many common interests with me. These interests ran the gamut from politics and current events to hobbies such as photography and shooting. Often times one member within the group will find something that is of interest to him personally. Most often it is a page or a link on the Facebook site. This person then designates that they "Like" the particular page. When they do so, then all their other friends see that the first peron has "Liked" something and they too can look at the page of interest.
I know that if I signaled that I "Liked" a Facebook LRH page then many of my friends would also investigate the LRH page and they too in turn would "Like" the page.

Now as to what it would take to set up an LRH Facebook page, I do not know. However if there were such a page, I know I would definitely "Like" it.