Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Do you have a Facebook account?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 AM
PUBLISHER

Is there any way LRH and its members would benefit from Facebook?

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Gold Member

Re: Do you have a Facebook account?

I'm 16, so almost naturaly have one. Since LRH has a great website already, I don't think there is much to gain from a Facebook page/group. Usually smaller groups or organizations make facebook groups to build up membership and guage interest before building a website.

Also, facebook is mainly younger kids, not a whole lot of guys who's be interested or have anything beneficially to say about or add to LRH.

However that's just my opinion.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Gold Member

Yes I do...Not sure on the next question other then establishing friendships with fellow long rangers
Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 AM

Yes, I do. Facebook would be a great way of increasing awareness of the LRH site.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Bronze Member

Yes I have a Facebook page, Great way to cumunicate with family and freands

P.S. I'm 55 years old so it's not just for the younger Gen .
Old 09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
great way of increasing awareness of the LRH site
Can you explain how that would work?

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

Since I have kids, grandkids and friends all spread out all over you bet I have a Facebook account. Facebook is what you make it. You can live on it like some people and have 500 friends, or you can use is sparingly like I do. It's a quick and easy way to see what friends and family are up to and it's an easy way to communicate with info you want a lot of people to see and read.

Facebook accounts can have links posted and every Facebook/Longrangehunting.com member that posted links to LRH would only increase our visibility. Accurateshooter.com started a Facebook account not too long ago if anyone wants to see a shooting related Facebook account.

As a mobile way of checking in on LRH it would be WAY faster than the normal phone/browser way of checking in on LRH. It wouldn't, and couldn't, replace the full blown browser experience but as a means to very quickly see what's new on LRH it might be worth a try.

Things posted on Facebook aren't there forever as they scroll off the bottom as new posts are made but pictures, videos, links etc. would be there permanently.

Younger people tend to have different types of Facebook accounts and use it differently than older users. Like I said, it is what you make it. It would just be another electronic means of putting LRH out in the public's eye. Just my $ .02 worth.