Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Dissapointment In The First Degree

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Dissapointment In The First Degree

Like I said in my previous post.

"Maybe I did not express myself in my post in a way where nobody else could get their feelings hurt."

This is where I probably messed up.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
It would be great to have a lot of hunting skill AND shooting skill. But if I had to choose to have a lot of one and a little of the other, I would choose to have a lot of the hunting skill.

Ditto! BTW this is what i am talking about. I find it hard to believe that this person could not close the distance by at least half, on the dumbest animal in the world? Give me a break!!!

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthrea...p;page=2#95929

[/ QUOTE ]

http://noslerreloading.com/phpbb2/vi...highlight=#969 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] 500 or a 1000.

By the way compliments on the long range 500 yd shot, it seems you were just as proud as GG. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member

thanx bud! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

POP,

Now your not telling me you wrote this on teh Nosler chat board did you???

"Now I know that the 416 was not created fo 450 yard shots on antelope .... but being the radical that I am I love disproving popular theories!

Example: The load I used for the 416 WBY was 120 gr of RL 19 with a 330 gr GS Custom bullet. The GS Custom has a BC of .545 so at 3100 fps it has almost the EXACT SAME TRAJECTORY as a 300 RUM with a 200 gr HIGH BC bullet at 3100 fps.....with a couple of more thousand ft/lbs that is!

I know I think is a sick way but it is fun!"

So you will use a 416 Wby on pronghorns because in your own words "being the radical that I am I love disproving popular theories!"

But you are opposed to GG shooting a buffalo at 1000 yards?

Again, I could care less what you use to hunt with, hell I shoot chucks with 50 BMG rifles, I have no issues shooting a pronghorn with a 416 Wby but to say that what GG was doing was not hunting but to hear you say that you basically live to buck popular opinion........

Sorry but your talking out of both sides of your mouth on this one. I can assure you that you could have cut the distance to those pronghorns by another 100 yards at least. I am sure you do not feel that trip was a hunting trip, or do you?

Just stay consistant my friend, as long as everything was legally done and the animal is killed with one shot what else matters.

Remember what comments you have already made about yourself before you start poking sharp sticks at others, it will come back to bite you and use your own words to do so.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am PROUD to be a member of Long Range Hunting and I have learned a ton here and have met some of the best people that I have ever met here.Some I have met face to face,others only through the netand still others that I email and exchange phone numbers.They were kind enough to talk me through learning curves and for this I am GRATEFULL.I find it hard to understand what POP did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you taking this so personally. We just differ in ideology as far as big game hunting go. However if it makes you feel better I will seek some therapy. Man oh man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you take it so personally and attack those that hunt long range????
Old 05-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Gold Member

wow... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I have always enjoyed POP's post's, but this is a little dissapointing, just admit that you screwed up, drop your pride, and lets move on. Everyone knows that GG's shot was ethical. Heck with that size of vitals he could have backed up another 500yds or more and still have been ethical, so why does it matter....

ok I'm stopping, I wasn't going to say anything, but I was a little dissapointed. hope all gets back to normal soon...
Old 05-17-2006, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
drop your pride, and lets move on.
hope all gets back to normal soon...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK lets.