Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Diesel Fuel in Venezuela .06 per gallon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Silver Member

Diesel Fuel in Venezuela .06 per gallon

Yep some very good friends of mine recently had two seperate investors tell them the price of #2 diesel is a whopping 6 cents per gallon...wake up America..apparently Trinidad and Tobago are at .25 per gallon ..any of you guys heard this...
Lowcountrywildlifemanagement@gmail.com
Genesis 9;2
Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member

Not really sure of your point here??

America consumes more than we pump, and the World consumes 1000 barrels per second. I suppose that you could buy your own oil well and sell it as cheaply as you like, but I suspect that you would sell it on the open market for as much as you can get...just like everyone else.

edge.

PS the oil market, like most commodity markets are fairly transparent. You can buy and sell just like the Big Boys. It is an "open outcry" market, people buy and sell out in the open.
An oil company can't decide the price, the only thing they could do is cut production, but most refineries run at over 90% of capacity.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Silver Member

Edge , I think others will get the point. Sorry you missed it.
Genesis 9;2
Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Silver Member

eh, how you do you propose we get it here

Its a long drive down there....by boat or plane or seriously modified 4x4.... Then you have an anti western government that doesnt smile on capitalism. Yeah they have some pretty sweet crude, it was the stuff in the 80's and we bought a heck of a lot of it, couple a years ago a man named hugo chavez came around and didn't like the ol us. We no longer buy his oil, and nobody else does either. And even though he's gone we probably wont buy any for a while. As far as trinidad and tobago, its a tough country to buy from as well but I'm almost positive that we pump quite a bit out of there. Just buy the time it reaches you and me its at the market rate of 4.03 a gallon.

We buy most of our oil from canada, about 60% of it. Its not the greatest crude and its a little harder to refine but hey, they are good people and dont use the money to bomb us. Any one care to make a connection between their dollar value and how much oil of theirs we buy.

I vote fiscally conservative, drive a cheap car that gets 41mpg. Have no debt and am working on my savings. I guess I'm awake, don't like the fuel price.... Then find another way.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

Hell, that ain't nothin'.

Go buy a sack of flour for an eye opener.:eek:

It's just a sign of the times.........
Old 03-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
...wake up America.....

Then move to Venezuela, if you have it so bad here.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Silver Member

Pst,
You really crack me up, so far no one has got the real point except Roy.

Pst, you certainly missed the point ,It is my fellow patriots that I am most worried about, those who have served to make the USA what it is, those that are now truck drivers, farmers, construction workers, teachers etc, Those who are loosing there land, their homes and their hopes and there savings, in these rough times. Those that are the very base of our structure and our foundation.

These are the persons I am thinking of , and I think something can and will be done. I simply made a statement and wondered if anyone else had heard the same.

Currently the only reason I am in front of my Pc is because, I am working on a consortium/co-op Diesel fuel purchase.This to help a couple of my buddies save their businesses, I mentioned in my first post, they are commercial fishermen and veterans, as fuel prices are keeping them at the docks..Its called working together.

Guess your at your PC , because recess is going on.

But I will say this to you..Thankyou for your service to our youth.
Genesis 9;2