Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

deer hunting success?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Silver Member

deer hunting success?

Hows everybody doing? We've seen quite a bit in south Tn. but the stupid things just wont come into bow range. I did however stalk a doe on the ground and poked her at 54yds. She also ended up being the biggest doe I have personaly shot at about 145lbs. Amber also got one with a great shot at 35yds an a small buck.

So how about it? Hows everybody doing? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: deer hunting success?

My season doesn't start until Oct 10, so hopefully shortly after that I will fill my doe tag. We only get one deer in Idaho unless we pony up the $$$ for a leftover out of state tag, and in the area I hunt I had to draw a doe tag.
After that - ducks beware!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
We only get one deer in Idaho unless we pony up the $$$ for a leftover out of state tag, and in the area I hunt I had to draw a doe tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I couldnt handle only one deer. I'm too blood thirsty for that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. Besides the fact that Amber would kick me in the nnuttzz [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] if I told her she could only shoot one deer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Good hunting brotha. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Silver Member

We can buy an elk tag and try to draw a moose tag, or an antelope tag, so there are other things to satisfy the 'addiction' [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Gold Member

Have you ever seen or used c'mere deer? Talked to some folks that use it to lure bucks into bow range. They claim it is a deer magnet. Check out their website at cmeredeer.com. If stuff works half as good as they claim, it should really help with your setups. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Gold Member

Charles our season starts next saturday and I can't wait!
How many deer tags do you get in Tennesse?
We get 6 in N.C
Old 10-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Gold Member

Wapiti I've heard some good things about cmere deer as well.
I bought some to try as soon as rifle season opens and if it works I will be giving a full report on it.