Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

CS Tactical on Local News Re: Colorado Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

CS Tactical on Local News Re: Colorado Shooting

Our local news station came into our shop to ask a few questions on the Colorado shooting. Here is a small clip of what they asked me. If you guys can post commits on the news channels website that would be great, here is a link.
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl...0,1112821.story

By the way we are we are redoing the shop that is why we are unpacking. We should be done in about 2 weeks.

Mike @ CST
Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member

Re: CS Tactical on Local News Re: Colorado Shooting

Thanks for taking the time to voice the opinion of firearm owners. It would have been better if they'd have actually let you speak I don't envy those of you in Cali... that has to be tough.

I did a little bit of a face-palm with the way the reporter was holding that AR...

Old 07-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

You know they are going to use this for the UN Arms Trade Treaty.

I heard that a Mayor said if people do not turn in their guns the Police should go on strike. Has anyone else?

Mike @ CST
Old 07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

That was Michael Bloomberg if I recall correctly. One of the most anti-gun individuals I can think of (other than Mr. Brady of course).

Fairly idiotic comment... then again, I think most politicians are elected & re-elected based on their ability to say stupid stuff...

Old 07-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Bronze Member

HB 249! They name it after the SAW, that's kind of funny! Let's name it after a machine gun
Old 07-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member

Let me throw this idea out to you all and see what you think. 12 people died and 50 were injured. It was tragic and horrible and the guy needed to be stopped. My prayers go out to those families that lost loved ones or were injured.

The problem is that we train people here in the U.S. to cower in the face of danger. How many people do you think would have lost their lives if we trained people to attack in this situation? If that guy walked in there and started shooting and everyone jumped up and rushed him and got him down, there would have been a whole lot less deaths. I am sure that he would have paniced.

I am in no way belittling the people that were in that theatre and my heart goes out to each and everyone one of them. How can you blame them when that is what they are taught to do. In an active shooter situation, people without guns are taught to escape and hide. All that does is make him/her have to find you before they kill you.

No one wants to die, but I would gladly give my life so that that little 6 year old kid could have enjoyed the rest of his.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS T View Post
You know they are going to use this for the UN Arms Trade Treaty.

I heard that a Mayor said if people do not turn in their guns the Police should go on strike. Has anyone else?

Mike @ CST
Haven't heard this but thinks its pretty funny. So the police go on strike for us not turning in our weapons, how does that hurt the people that did not turn in their firearms. We would still be able to defend ourselves only the ones without a firearm wouldn't right. Sounds to me like those people who are against gun ownership might start to wish they owned a gun.