Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Crappy year...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Crappy year...

Well he has been a LITTLE spoiled in the past few years so when one gets used to being spoiled, they dont like it when the spoiling stops

BTW, I drew an antelope rifle tag, mule deer rifle tag and archery bull elk tag in a archery and muzzleloader only unit all in New Mexico hahaha. And my wife drew an Oryx tag! I got ripped!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member

Your not alone in the luck of the draw=Didnt draw a bull or deer buck tag this year.
Ya I did draw a goat tag ,a cow tag and a couple od whitetail tags but will have to pick up a general deer tag again this year.
A buddy at work has drawn a 34 deer tag 8 years in a row, the odds say you should draw every three years but with my luck its been three and no tag
Old 06-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member

Well Mike, I'll make you feel better. I actually forgot to submit my Elk app this year.... yeah I really did. Must have something to do with being out of state working for the last two months (thats my story & I'm sticking to it)...

Luckily area 38 (where I usually hunt elk) almost always has left over cow tags...

Antelope & deers are OTC so no worries there I guess... Even forgot my buffalo priority points this year...

Since you did so well with your draw results Why don't you come up with a few antelope slaying dates & i'll haul my forgetful rear over the mountain for some good ole' LRH, Wyo style.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
i drew a late season cow elk tag in Colorado, an any elk tag in western Wyoming, and a youth doe tag for North Dakota. my Dad drew the same Wyoming tag, and a doe tag for North Dakota, and he got a brown colored black bear in Montana this spring.
forgot to add a deer bow tag for each of us.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
Well Mike, I'll make you feel better. I actually forgot to submit my Elk app this year.... yeah I really did. Must have something to do with being out of state working for the last two months (thats my story & I'm sticking to it)...

Luckily area 38 (where I usually hunt elk) almost always has left over cow tags...

Antelope & deers are OTC so no worries there I guess... Even forgot my buffalo priority points this year...

Since you did so well with your draw results Why don't you come up with a few antelope slaying dates & i'll haul my forgetful rear over the mountain for some good ole' LRH, Wyo style.
Outlaw, yo're not keeping your priorities right man!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Silver Member

I need to be thankful for what I have. I live in north florida and hunt in south georgia. I will shoot a georgia limit of 2 bucks and 10 does and maybe 3 or 4 more bucks in florida. The georgia bucks only wiegh 170lbs to 220lbs and the does 110lbs to 140lbs but I get to shoot a lot and hunt oct.10th to jan.15th. I hunt 3 to 4 days a week all season. I don't even bow hunt these days or I would start sept 15th. Oh, no closed season on hogs. I'm going this weekend to fill feeders and then see about a hog. No big elk though. We do have some sambar deer on an island but it is a draw hunt and I have never got a tag :(.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
Outlaw, yo're not keeping your priorities right man!

Amen Brother! This whole "work" thing is seriously getting in my way...