Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Coriolis effect

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 02:16 AM
Silver Member

Coriolis effect

Coriolis effect does it effect your bullets flight path over long distance? Iv heard some very good points on both people who belive in the CE and iv heard good points from people who think it's Hollywood bullshit, but since this site has alot of LR shooters I wanna hear from you fellas.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Coriolis effect

There is no doubt it does exist. Unless you don't believe the earth is rotating. The effects at shorter distances are minimul and can be lost in wind or other errors. But past 1200 yards I make it part of my shooting solution. You will need to know your latitude and this will also have an affect of the degree of correction and also the azmuth ( direction) of the shot. The east and west shots will have the largest elevation correction as we know the targets in the east will always be falling and in the west will be rising. I would say this is a better suited correction for ELR ( Extreme Long Range) as I believe the shots I make at a 1500 to 2000 yrds would not be as close on first round hits if I didnt use coriolis as part of my corrections.

Jeff