Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

Colorado or Wyoming mule deer honey holes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2006, 07:42 AM
PUBLISHER

Colorado or Wyoming mule deer honey holes.

I have been on guided hunts for deer, elk and sheep in alaska, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, New Mexico, Old Mexico and Wyoming. Now I feel I am at the point where I would rather do most of my hunting from here on without the involvement of a professional guide.

So...I am looking for advice as to where I can go out west to hunt mostly deer and antelope. If you have a favorite spot you’d like to share that would be nice.

Shoot me an email if you have a suggestion. (I don’t want you ask you to share your secrets with the world…just with me!)

lBackus@new.rr.com

Be sure to tell me your LRH.com handle.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 05-29-2006, 07:43 AM
PUBLISHER

Re: Colorado or Wyoming mule deer honey holes.

Thanks for all the private emailed suggestions. I am heading out west in 2 weeks to meet one of our long-time members who is going to show me one of his honey holes in Montana. He has relationships there with several ranchers where he has had access for mule deer hunts for years. I didn't draw a Montana tag this year but expect to next year.

Wyoming and Colorado have more available deer tags. I've had some good suggestions on public hunting spots in Wyoming and Colorado. I am still hoping to find some private land there to hunt on. Paying a tresspass fee would be fine with me.

So...anyone willing to share their private land Wyoming or Colorado honey holes with me?

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
The thread is closed