Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Colorado Draw results out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Silver Member

Re: Colorado Draw results out

[ QUOTE ]
For variuos reasons, I wanted to see Idaho, so I have an elk tag, deer tag and bear tag for there.

[/ QUOTE ]

What unit(s) are you going to hunt?
If you will be in SW Idaho, let me and 4ked Horn know....hell we may even take you out on the Snake River for some duck shooting too.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member

Goneagain

The Salmon unit. Roy said there might be some fish in that river and I was interested in a place with some big game some fish and some grouse.

As far as duck hunting goes, I gave that up long long ago as cold, wet and miserable. I jump shoot geese on the Potomac out of boredom in late January and that is as close to waterfowl hunting as I do anymore. Chesapeake Bay is 45 minutes from me and but I don't hunt there. I can be enticed with pheasant hunting though. Course we would not want to hunt where there were any game wardens being as my eyesight is not as good as it once was and I might bag a few hens.

Dave

I agree, there comes a point in time when blood on the ground is not the primary purpose of hunting. Early season is nice weather and very pleasant hunting. I am very familiar with the two to three days in the tent and then off to the motel where there is hot and cold running water.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

what unit do you have an elk tag for and which tag?
Old 05-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Silver Member

Hopefully I will draw a doe tag, especially since that seems to be all I ever see. Idaho doesn't post its results until July since applying for deer/elk/antelope is still happening until the beginning of June.

Buffalobob
[ QUOTE ]

As far as duck hunting goes, I gave that up long long ago as cold, wet and miserable.

[/ QUOTE ]

duck hunting in Southwestern Idaho: Blue sky and 40F (or warmer). The only time it has been cold was the 2 week cold snap we had in December - just above 0 at the boat ramp. Keep your shotgun with you in the vehicle, you may find pheasants/quail/chuckar around some of the farms by Salmon.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member

sory I see the unit which tag though
Old 05-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member

Screech

I have a "B" tag = ANY WEAPON antlered ONLY
Oct 15 - Nov 8.

I expect to get there around the first of October and spend some time just scouting around, shooting a few birds, catching a few fish and laying about.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member

I drew 1st season rifle as well. It will be my first time rifle hunting. I usually bow or muzzle hunt.

I have my stand/hide spot all picked out found it 2 years ago. Hopefully no one else will be there.