Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

CNN Vote: Assault Weapons Ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2004, 04:53 AM
Silver Member

CNN Vote: Assault Weapons Ban

I tought the US guys in LRH might like to read this email I received today.

To All,
CNN is trying to do a job on gun owners. They are doing a quick poll asking if the assault weapons ban should be lifted or extended. Since mostly liberals support CNN, the poll is showing a huge loss to our position. So, get this out to everyone you know ASAP to impact the poll. It takes about 30 seconds to link over and vote. Do it right away. The poll wont stay up long. And distribute right away to your friends.

We really need some help on this poll. So far we are losing almost 3 to 1. I think everyone is aware how much mileage the folks at CNN are going to try and get out of this if in fact the results show the majority of people want the AWB extended. Please take a minute to go to the site by clicking the link below and cast your vote.

Regards 700

<http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/05/...index.html>
Vote Here
Old 05-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Silver Member

Re: CNN Vote: Assault Weapons Ban

I clicked the link and voted today. As of 0725 MDT, 51% of the votes are for LIFTING the ban! The word about this poll must have spread like wildfire! Either that or the people aren't as dumb as CNN thinks.

The way this article is written, it makes it sound like a 9mm pistol is an 'assault weapon' with an 'illegal' 30 round magazine. Only illegal in a few liberal states!
Obviously the current gun laws didn't concern a mental health patient (duh!). I forsee then next round of gun control laws to use this to their advantage and to try to take many more rights away. It will be a very long and hard fight!!
I am very surprised that the Communist News Network even mentioned the pro - gun rally at all.

I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but I feel a little less bitter after I do [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ 05-26-2004: Message edited by: gonehuntingagain ]
Old 05-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Silver Member

We got it up to 52%
Old 05-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Silver Member

Your right RBrowning, we are at 52% in out favor. The number of "good" votes is up as I just voted.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Gold Member

If the antis don't win the poll, CNN may not announce the results let alone admit they even took a poll.
db
Old 05-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Silver Member

When I first saw this two days ago, it was @ 65%-35% IN FAVOR of keeping the ban. That was with about 140,000 voters. When it was just punched up, there were over 330,000 votes & still 52%-48% for LIFTING the ban.

If anyone thinks we can't reach out & be a viable force - quickly - is mistaken. As they say in Chicago: "Vote early, vote often!" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Gold Member

Currently 53-47% for lifting.