Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Classifieds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Silver Member

Re: Classifieds

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't both parties ship simultaneously?

[/ QUOTE ]

several years ago when i bought and sold alot of stuff through the Gun List i always did ship at the same time
but it just seems like since i started buying stuff on the internet that is just the way it is , no trust

on the other side of it i sent a guy a money order 3 weeks ago for a stock i bought and he has contacted me several times saying that he has not recieved it well some how i lost reciept and just about the time i am thinking for sure that the guy was just a worthess S.O.B. i get the money order returned to my mailbox for some unknown reason if i would have recieved the the stock and he said that he did not recieve the money i would be put in a bad spot thinking he may just want more money or vice versa

But for me when i buy something i want it right then next day or ASAP i want this stock in my hands right away even though my barrel will be about 6 more weeks lol but i will have to wait just like everybody else
Old 05-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Silver Member

Brian,

I am with you, I want it ASAP! Hell, I am an American, that is the way we are made up!

Like I said earlier, I have never had a really bum deal, I was just curious is all.

v/r
Old 05-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Gold Member

I always figure the buyer bears the risk since he is responding to the offer voluntarily. Even saying that, youre right, its a "act of good faith" any time you submit, praying that the offer is legit. Seems right to me... though I know of some bass that might argue [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

me personally, when I sell something, especially here at LRH, or another established and reputable board, I usually ship when the deal is struck, provided its a person I recognize, or by looking at posts, I know that we know people in common. LRH is certanly a closer community than ebay, and thats why I always try and do business here as opposed to "out there"
Old 05-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

There is alot of scamming going on out there, most of it is not when dealing with lower priced items say under $1500 but for those over this amount the odds of someone sending fraudulant funds is actually getting far more common.

The bad thing now is that they are getting so good at copying legit money orders and certified bank checks that it can take the bank itself a long time to figure out that it is actually a fake. Often a week or so. By this time the producer has generally shipped the product and now is out ALOT of money and time.

I know personally, after putting +40 hours into a full custom rifle and getting it as quality as I can, a rifle will never ship until I have total funds and they are confirmed to be legit.

For those honest people like yourself and most others out there this is a pain I agree. But for us producers, eating a $4000 rifle is not something I can do and have my business survive.

You bet it would be nice if we could trust everyone but that is not the world we live in today unfortunately. A few bad apples ruin things for everyone. The producers are not looking to cause you trouble, they are just trying to prevent the worthless scum out there from stealing from us.

Just my opinion,

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

It is good to be able to trust in a situation / person when exchanging money.

It is becoming more and more difficult to know when you are in that comfort zone .

FWIW, buying from an established seller should be a simple deal . That is , you tell them what you want , they tell you what it costs and then you send them the money.

" Established dealer " definitions are always important, well for this it will be easy to use APS , aka Kirby Allen as an example. Track record says that Kirby sends what you order .

So , with a rep like that all of us are glad to order work by Kirby AND send dollars to begin the process. However in the scheme of things a lot of trust gets misplaced and in the end the trusted seller gets burned by the occasional snake in the grass . This may nort happen often or even rarely but hey ................once is more than enough to hurt , and hurt pretty bad.

I presently have 4 projects in progress . In some of those I have sent dollars at the beginning , in others it is understood that I am good for it .

I would not fault an established smith for requiring a substantial sum up front for work ordered .

It should be pretty clear that the smith has way more to lose than any individual building a rifle .

Well...............all that being said I must ask , Kirby , if I send you all the money now will you fix my stuff before you fix Buffalobobs ?

[image][/image]
Old 05-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Silver Member

Jimm,

In the Army, blocking BuffaloBob like that is just plain wrong! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Kirby, I agree with all. Just recently I have been in a spring "cleaning" building craze. I have shipped, and or received over 20 items this week alone. Occasionally, I got real nervous, but all is well so far.

Thanks all.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member

I've been dealing with several on this forum.

With expecially large fund transfers things have gone smoothly.

Like the chono from jimm and the ADL trigger guard from JDjones. Fund transfers were almost instantaneous. Same with the WC bullets sent to Budlight. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have one project working that I can't give my $ away [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Yet! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When sending funds outside the country, though, you have to be aware of the postage fees otherwise you get to mail it several times. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]