Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Christmas is coming...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member
Re: Christmas is coming...

Originally Posted by Ian M View Post
I remember a long time ago my buddy got a 20 gauge Lee loader, we were so clueless we put in the powder, over-powder wad, the pellets and then the big wad on top, then formed a crimp. Went out to test the pattern and we got single holes, no pattern. Those were the days.
Ha ha, how long did it take you to figure that one out?

I remember experimenting with buffer materials that we vibrated into the shot column. I read about stuff like that from a book by Brister "Shotgunning, the Art and the Science". I can still remember my mom asking me what I was doing with the Cream of Wheat !

I agree, those WERE the days!

If some is good and more is better, then too much is just right.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives