Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Check this out!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Silver Member

Re: Check this out!

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure several of you guys have downloaded various trial software of mine over the last 9 or 10 months. These were merely concept programs. The latest version is truly complete. If you have never given this program a try or even if you have, <font color="red"> please try the newest version. </font> Unlike previous trials, this one is FULLY FUNCTIONING. It will deactivate on 4-30-06 regardless of the date you download it. IMHO this is the most usefull, accurate and user friendly exterior ballistic calculator available. If you try it and dont agree, please guys, I am all ears. With your input it will be made to be the best.

The new web page is not complete but has the important stuff. There is a message and a link to download the goods. If you have trouble downloading this, I can email you a copy.

Regards!

[/ QUOTE ]
hi
i have just down loaded the program,and can not get it working.i have windows xp
can you help
do i need something to run this
if so have you the link
as you can tell i am not very good on the comp.
thanks
col
Old 03-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

After downloading, you will need to right click the zip file and select "extract all". Once all is extracted, double click the ACCESSRT.MSI icon and follow the promts for set up and installation. Once complete, double click the reloader's icon to open. If it wont allow you to open it you may need to right click the icon and select properties and then unblock then apply. Then you should be able to open it.

Please let me know know if you still need help. I will even be happy to call you and walk you through it.

Thanks!
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
After downloading, you will need to right click the zip file and select "extract all". Once all is extracted, double click the ACCESSRT.MSI icon and follow the promts for set up and installation. Once complete, double click the reloader's icon to open. If it wont allow you to open it you may need to right click the icon and select properties and then unblock then apply. Then you should be able to open it.

Please let me know know if you still need help. I will even be happy to call you and walk you through it.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks i seem to have got it now
should you have a short cut on it
so you can get it straight from the main comp screen.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:05 AM
Gold Member

Meichele, I downoaded it but was only able to enter the reloader's icon and the part of the program that refers to load development.. basically a load-shooting log book.. very interesting and nice.

I am mistaken or there is also a ballistics -trajectory calculator??? I saw the twist, rifle weight, etc.... calculations but nothing related to expected trajectories ??

May I suggest some things ( or maybe these features are there and I did not see them?

- reticle configuration: I guess you can also use mils.
- what about the posibility to use both metric/US units, even mixed ?? (i.e. vel in ft/s, distance im meters..???)
Old 03-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member

If you saw twist then you have seen the exterior ballistics page. Once you enter the needed info on this page, click the button that says "Calculate" YOu will then get the ballistics for those parameters.

About metric. The next version is set to inclue being able to use the metric or standard units. For now this is all I have. It is another major overhaul but will be done on the next go round.

Thank you for your suggestion.

PLEASE let me know how it worked out!
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Gold Member

Thanks, will check again and see if I can make it work.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member

Any feed back?? Any would be appreaciated. Minor to moderate changes can still be made during the next couple of weeks for the final version that will be distributed. If there is something you would like added or changed, let me know. Metric will be done on the next version.