Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Cheap Cooper Rifles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Silver Member

Re: Cheap Cooper Rifles.

There is a well respected poster on another forum that spent considerable time today checking public information regarding Coopers contributions, and they are numerous. After a barrage of emails and phone calls today, Cooper has posted a retraction/disclaimer that is dishonest if the public information is true. I had exchanged a few conversations with their customer service regarding a custom classic in 280AI. I'll just spend the extra money and go full custom.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Boy you sure know how to make frends fast!
I'm a quite friendly type of person and have always appreciated Cooper Rifles.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Silver Member

Re: Cooper Rifle's Response from their web site

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspar View Post
Regarding the USA Today Article. Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. did not contribute and does not support in any fashion the campaign of Senator Obama.

Nine months ago Dan Cooper (personally) made an online donation to the campaign in an effort to help defeat Hillary Clinton and in protest of American plant closures and the shipping of jobs overseas. Three months ago he made yet another donation to the McCain campaign and the RNC totaling over twice that given to Obama campaign.

There is no doubt that the article in USA Today has caused a considerable response. To this end we are encouraged and stand with our fellow NRA members and supporters of the Second Amendment and against those who oppose it.
However, it is obvious that Mr. Cooper himself does not share the same feelings!

Mr. Cooper made MULTIPLE donations to the Obama campaign as evidenced here:

Contributions to Presidential Campaigns - Election Guide 2008 - The New York Times

Type in the zip code for Cooper Firearms location, and watch what pops up! Zip Code is 59870.

No such campaign contributions for McCain show up!!

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 10-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Silver Member

Re: Cooper Rifle's Response from their web site

Cooper has now taken down the message posted yesterday!

Evidently, someone didn't give the whole story!!

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 10-29-2008, 09:56 PM

Here's my take on things, now anyway...

If Dan Cooper is truly out of there then let's all continue to support this fine AMERICAN firearms factory. Nothing has yet changed their quality and commitment to all of us. If they go under who really benefits, not us, but scumbag ObombUS. That's just what the anti's want. So think about this before letting our emotions override our best judgment. After all, we are fighting for survival again. So please, consider the consequences here, let's all support what's left only if Dan Cooper is truly gone. But, if he's not out, then let Supply and Demand run its course. Fine rifles, fine employees, and one of the few fine gun companies left for us. So my thoughts now are to rally behind those left behind having to strive to run the factory business and cope with a stressful 'damage control mode' almost hourly and really working hard doing what's right for us. So folks, let's save one of our finest American Icons for awhile longer. DO NOT let ObombUS win, and he will if we let them!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

I don't care who the man freely supports in politics, what religion he freely practices, or what expressions he might freely make... I don't mind your affairs either..

Now, good guns at fair prices?
I kinda care about that...
So I'll continue to buy em(while I still can).
Old 10-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member

The man killed that company period! Resale will always have this stench associated with it! When they change the name then I will consider buying one but no matter how much you want it to be the case the resale will never be what it was for a Cooper!

Dan effectively committed sucide for someone in this industry and unfortunately he killed the company with it!

Facts are facts and with all of the good builders out there competing for the upper end of our market Cooper cannot afford to keep the name. Mark my words it will change in the next 6 to 12 months.