Well, do to the advice from everyone, I am going to change this project. After hearing from you all, I realized I maybe building a project that will not work the way I want it to. My goal is to use this rifle for 500 to 1000 yard squirrel hunting, and I thought a 300-WSM with a 125grn BT traveling at 4000+fps would be an awesome choice. However, after hearing from everyone, you guys are right and I am wrong. Yes, I said it, I am wrong. I am going to change the project, and I am going to design it around a 6x284 and the 105's and 107 grn bullets. You guys are right, I will end up being much happier with this choice in the long run. So here is what I am going to build;
1. 6x284 Match Chamber for Lupua Brass .272 tight neck.
2. Nesika Model L, 1.470 Diameter Action, fluted bolt, tactical bolt knob.
3. Krieger, 30", 1-9 twist, 1.450 straight cylinder, throated for the 105's and 107's.
4. McMillan Tooley MBR, 5 pounds lead added to rear, removable stud for bi-pod use.
5. Jewel 2oz trigger.
6. Vias Muzzle brake
7. Davidson 20MOA Base.
8. Kelby 30mm Rings.
9. Nightforce 8x32x56mm NXS with MLR reticle.
10. Weight will be 25 to 30 pounds.
Once again, thanks for all the advise and steering me away from my original project. I just really thought it would work. I guess if it sounds to good to be true it's probably not true, so thanks for all the advise. I will call and change my orders on all of my equipment tomorrow.
I am going to go with the 1-9 twist barrel, however, what grove should I go with. I think Kirby has mentioned a 1-9 twist with a 6 grooves works best for the 105 and 107grn bullets.
Also what kind of velocities will I get, out of a 30" pipe, with the 105 and 107 grn bullets.
I also want to thank ss7mm for the data about the 300-WSM with the 125grn bullet, that really opened my eyes!!! Thanks, and I would like to hear from all of you regarding the change.