Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

cell phone/N.F. ballistics software compatibility

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Bronze Member

cell phone/N.F. ballistics software compatibility

I went into the archives and found some "older" cell phone models that were capable of downloading the nightforce software...wondering if anyone has any ballistic software downloaded on a more "current" cell phone model. I just picked up a new blackberry-without thinking I could have gotten something for this purpose also (I can still bring it back)
If you have software downloaded on your phone-which software and cellphone model do you have?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Gold Member

Re: cell phone/N.F. ballistics software compatibility

If you are using a "Windows Mobile" now "Window Phone" based software phone you can certainly download Night Force/Exbal for Windows Mobile program. Most PDA's are running "Windows Phone" based software these days. As for the Crackberry I have found one good program called "Gunsim" go online and read the directions not as many bells and wistles as the NF program but drops come out very close and I have used it in a pinch out to 600 yards with no issue. There are instructions for using IPHY instead of MOA and such.

Good luck
Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Gold Member

If you are using an Android phone the program "SHOOTER" is excellent. It is accurate and fairly easy to use with good display graphics. I have plugged in the same data in it and the NF and one other ballistic program and found the solution from SHOOTER to be right on with the other programs.

Some of the early ballistic apps for cell phones may not have been all that good, but most now have the same capabilities and will give the same solutions as a computer or PDA based program.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Bronze Member

This is the kind of info I'm looking for guys-thanks for your input!