Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

catshooter rifle cleaning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member

What Ian and Dave said...........
Old 10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Platinum Member

Paul

Tired is a better term, I agree, I'm getting tired too and sometimes it shows.

It seems as though I don't get the amount of sit and read time I'd like and the SC is a lengthy read at each visit. Good info but a little up-time is required on each visit to get through the thread. I do stop by and read but not nearly as often as in the past. It's a bit of a commitment to keep up there, perhaps if I get a bit more time I'll catch up and pester folks over there... I miss chatting with Sinister and the like, folks are known to one another so BS is uncommon as you say.

I just finished that electrical thing (only shocked once this time... I'm getting better at this).

I gotta re-wire two phones now then it's back to the "How to clean a rifle"... I'll be folks can't wait!!
Old 10-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian M View Post
"... your gentle nature...
Wait a minute - who we talking about ;)

SC is SniperCountry. A good place to be.

Did you ever find out which trigger you had on that rifle, and did you ever get it into Canadia?

LRH member #23
Old 10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatShooter View Post
She has three lawyers and the best law firm in that part of the state... and I have been winning 85-90% of it so far, so I guess that's some kind of practical IQ test of sorts, but I'm just so tired of liars and fakes.
Doesn't seem quite fair 3 against 1.

I mean not fair to the lawyers.

Good Luck,

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 10-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member

Paul,
Damn, I don't remember which rifle you are mentioning. I had some problems with triggers a while back but they seem to have gone away. I shoot slightly better than I remember things these days. Current project is to get 1000 rounds through an ICON before the snow flies. Frustratingly slow "work" that is not as fun as it sounds since I do not intend to fry this barrel since it shoots like one of my heavybarrels.

I am constantly looking for info on barrel cleaning since I do so much of it. Right now my goto solvent is TM Solution because I feel it is doing a nice job of getting at both the carbon and copper. Any opinions on TM? I have lost all the skin on my fingertips a few times but the fingerprints seem to return. Should a person wear rubber gloves, seems kind of cowardly to me?
Old 10-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member

Paul,
I remember now, we are talking about the Sendero ll. Truth is I forgot to check on that trigger, smooth is the new model right. Rifle is still down south, not sure where the paperwork is on that one.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian M View Post
Paul,
I remember now, we are talking about the Sendero ll. Truth is I forgot to check on that trigger, smooth is the new model right. Rifle is still down south, not sure where the paperwork is on that one.
Yeah... the Sendero-II was the one. And the new trigger IS smooth.

I did not get a chance to shoot my .264 WM Sendero-II this year, but I did get time to "Steel bed" it, and bring the trigger down to 24 ounces. I really like the riffle.

I can't answer about the TM cleaner yet, and there will probably be a few I miss, cuz I can not get them all - I have a lot of dirty riffles, but not that many ;)

I'm saving the 50-BMG for what I think turns out to be the best. ;) ;)

LRH member #23

Last edited by CatShooter; 10-14-2007 at 05:29 AM.