Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Cancas Tents

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member

Cancas Tents

I must be getting a little older, finaly decided the 50yo external frame tent just isn't going to get anymore for hunting. While it's get for a quick setup, and packing in, 3 people max and no room for anything more than a propane space heater (not a good thing ever) I'm finaly going to bite the bullet and get something a little more roomy and comfy. Room for a stove and maybe 6 people. The sucky part is your looking at $1200 min no matter which way you go with it. I did find a package deal though that would meet what I want, all I'll have to add is 2 more cots and good sleeping bags.

Here's tho old guy I've had for ever. (found it in a dumpster with 1 peice of the frame missing and 2 small tears in the floor, easy fixes and it's still in pretty good shape.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

one of the 12x14 will probably replace it
canvas wall tents, wall tent, wall tents, hunting tents, camp
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe