Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Camo for my rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Silver Member

Camo for my rifle?

This is about the time of year hear in Nebraska when it gets cold and I get the bug to camo my rifle, (Remington VS in .308). I want to do my scope as well. I don't have a clue as to how to go about it. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do it well and/or does anyone have any ideas where to send it to get a camo finish put on it?

Feel free to post photos if you have some good ones.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Camo for my rifle?

www.camoit.com

I like the SuperFlauge Game pattern.

http://www.camoit.com/newgallery1.htm

Not really sure who else does the water transfer coatings, but there's a few.

I believe Jeff in Texas said his rifle/scope/bipod combo dipped with the Montana Prairie Ghost pattern was $150.

Here's a couple pix of Jeff's 308 A3 combo, in Montana Prairie Ghost.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Silver Member

Heres another you can try. They have several patterns avalable.

http://www.ironbrigadearmory.com/ind...amp;Category=8

Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Bronze Member

If you send it away you will get a nice professional looking finish. I have never sent one to be camo'ed so I can't comment there. I did my own this past summer, far from professional looking, but it gets the job done. I used Krylon Khaki for undercoat and then used a camo kit made by HS Camo and sold by Cabela's. I don't think it looks too bad and it works for the area I hunt. What is nice about doing your own is, you are limited only by your imagination.

huntin1
Old 12-23-2004, 12:19 AM
Silver Member

Huntin 1 - You're right it doesn't look to bad from the pic. How did you get the nerve up to throw some krylon on your rifle? It would probably cost me three times the prof job just to get the screwed up paint job removed after I botched it. Have you done any others or practiced on other stuff?
Old 12-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Sponsor

Brent,
Nice to see a fellow lefty.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 12-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member

Brent or Shawn, were either of you born in June? I read that more lefties are born in June than any other month. I've been asking lefties this for years and so far I have yet to find any that were (except for myself). Due to a recent change (13 years ago) I was forced to transcend this affliction [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] so now I'm a righty for most tasks.

Gonehuntingagain is also a lefty so sometimes I have to miss a few so he dosen't feel too bad. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]