Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

California 50 BMG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Re: California 50 BMG

He should have called it the "510FCa". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Fill me in. How does it get around the ban? Is it just a .50 with the case shortened a bit? I thought the ban covered all .50 cal center fire rifle ammo or does it specify ".50 BMG"? I also thought the guns had to be registered. If the gun is rebarreled or the chamber recut for this new round does it exempt it from the registry?

If it is only for the .50 BMG propper I can imagine there has been alot of Ackley improving going on over there.
GRAVITY. It's not just a good idea. It's the LAW!

Unread 04-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Gold Member

4Ked you know how fast cali will ban something so it may have changed already but yes at first the ban only applied to the 50 BMG. The 50 beuwolf was one of the first to change the shoulder angles to beat the ban and of course there have been several different configurations of the case such as ackly like you said but if it had BMG in it's name it was still banned. I have read several things about the ban and may stand to be corrected on some of what I just stated so dont take it to the bank just yet! People like b1g b0re will know more than me cause they are dealing with the ban first hand. Maybe b1g b0re will chime in and give us some insight.
Guns and ammo, what more do we need?
Unread 04-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Silver Member

good reply 4ked, stay and fight, "go arnold" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]that about says enough! i cancelled my TV long ago so not one penny of mine goes to "hollywood".look at pa,we're legalizing gambling,inviting crime and corruption [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
i'll take your 50BMG
Unread 04-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Silver Member

I would love to see what they would say about a semi auto rifle I worked on in the late 70ís for a French Canadian company; it was chambered for a 14.5 mm X 20mm round. I was reassigned before the project was done but I do remember it worked very well and I believe 20 were made so some are out there.
Unread 04-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Silver Member

7mm mag man - a couple well placed 50 rounds might just start that tidal wave! We had a lady that moved here to montana from cali and was interviewed by the local paper. She said she moved to montana to help make it a better place. I say there was nothing wrong before she got here! It's getting wronger everyday! Not just cali freaks tho, some everywhere. Make sure you keep exercising your right to vote! (steps down from soap box) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.
Unread 04-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Silver Member

She said she moved to montana to help make it a better place.

[/ QUOTE ]

If she really wanted to make it a better place, then she should pack up all her crap and move back to Kommifornia [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I keep nature balanced - I hunt everything!
Unread 04-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Silver Member

Cowboy, I definitely exercise my right to vote every chance that I get. It is sort of depressing that in the last election the president didn't even bother to stop to campaign in California. If he can't get a favorable response then what good does it do for me to stay and try to fight it. Maybe it is truly a lost cause.

But it is too bad that I have a good reputation to loose. Or else I wouldn't mind air mailing a couple of 50 cal bullets in our awful senators direction. If only Indonesia knew how lucky they were to catch that tidal wave I definitely would have spared those innocent people to sacrifice the corrupt Southern California population.

But Geographically it indicates that we will get our chance sometime in the future and I just pray that I am around to see it. Not that I am naturally a cold blooded killer or anything but nature has it's way of culling out the weaklings and I think that she has lined up the bay area just right and then wack it will be over in one day! At least I hope.
I shoot 1/4 inch groups at a 1000 yards. That is...till my second shot.