Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Burris Signature Ring Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Silver Member
Re: Burris Signature Ring Question

I had a set of these on a rifle I once owned , the new 4 screw design ring as well. I tried everything under the sun to get them not to slip but to no avail. They were mounted on a 300 win mag. Good luck.

Scope moving post brake installation. Reputable fellows recommended Burris Signature rings.

Picked up a set of High Sigs this evening. Was quite apprehensive about the "plastic" inserts. This is my first experience outside of the Redfield/Leupold scope mounting world.

Also what's the deal with offset inserts. Burris says ya don't need the 20 moa base???

Sorry to be a bother but the learning curve is a bit steep when one jumps into the medium bore world and is pushing the envelope a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.....Benjamin Franklin ...1759