Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Bull Crap ! ! !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Bull Crap ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Roy----would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
I like it!!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member

Thought you might!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Bronze Member

I wonder if the parties involved will try to appeal the decision in a higher court?
Old 05-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Gold Member

You want to talk about a slap in the face of our constition?How about the law the MT legislature just passed allowing CANADIAN power companys to cliam imminate domian on land on MT ranch's so they can run pipelines and power lines across MT?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

OK, I live in Indiana, and the facts are right as much as they are over hyped. The problem evolved out of a domestic issue between a husband and wife. They got into it in their front yard, and somebody (third party) called the cops. During which time the two calmed down and made up. Cops showed up at the door, and the husband answered. He would not allow entry for them to check on his wife (standard procedure). They cuffed him with a struggle, and went inside. All was well. They hauled the husband downtown for resisting law enforcement. Both side were wrong. If his wife had of came to the door behind her husband all would have been OK, but they still had to make sure she was OK. By the way they have been serving no knock warrants for years all over the USA incase you didn't know this!

Now the case was appealed and knocked down by a judge. This has caused all kinds of an outcry around here. Looks like it will goto the Supreme Court assuming they'll even take the case. In the meantime a bill is in the Legislature to ammend this issue making it illeagle to enter without a warrant. I see it being ammended as there may not be time with a domestic disturbance. Look for every cop to carry a generic domestic disturbance entry warrant in the future. Thus leaving out everything else.
gary
Old 05-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

Personally, I fear cops more than criminals. The only significant difference(to me) being that cops hold unlimited power to harass.

Crackheads would not ram my door down in broad daylight, while I'm home. So they are easier to predict than cops. Muggers don't pull me over to raise money..
And unbadged criminals are atleast occasionally held accountable for breaking laws. There is a tiny motivation not to do so.

I don't trust the type of people who want to be cops either, and it's obvious around here that there is no psychological screening, or even a background check for these charactors.
In my life, I've seen us slipping ever closer to what anyone would define as a 'police state'.
I hate to think all of that. But when they let slip the dogs of depression, it will be us -vs- them. And who will the criminals be then?

Rant off
Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Roy----would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
Amen!

Alaska hasn't heard of this decree yet. Probably never happen in this state. Too many gunslingers up here!