Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Platinum Member

Re: bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magmike View Post
Cabelas said that none of there employess would cheat a customer like that because they all have to have background checks. What do you think about that.

HAHAHAHA!! that is the best line that I have ever heard in my life. There are Federal Law Enforcement Officers who have gone through a way more extensive background than ANYONE at Cabelas and get busted doing some pretty bad stuff.

I would demand to go higher than whatever genius you talked to for that phone call! I would be nice about it though.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Cabelas said that none of there employess would cheat a customer like that because they all have to have background checks. What do you think about that.
Although, as the facts were presented, they are under no obligation to absorb the loss, that was an unwise thing to say. Background checks only reveal those who have been caught. Any business person who believes he's not being stolen from is simply naive. That said, I cannot imagine any retailer handing over a $1800 item without anything more to go on than a story. But I've been wrong before...

Just curious, did the salesperson not open the box and reveal the contents to your friends wife at the time of purchase? Actually, going higher up with a complaint is always a good strategy. Corporate folk are absolutely petrified of getting their hands dirty or sticking their necks out for anything that can quickly be resolved by refunding a purchase or exchanging an item.

Personally, I'd be looking pretty closely at other members of the household, co-workers if she took it to work to show it off and left it there, neighbors/friends with a key or simply assess to the scope, domestic help or anyone else who had knowledge & access. Was there a party? Heavy emphasis on anyone who knew she got it and then knew where it was kept. Yeah, and the salesman too.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
It does not surprise me at all and I kind of knew that would happen .
The Police all have background checks and the Prison service and the Customs service should I go on . Have we stopped all dishonesty and corruption in those services ? I sure as hell know that we over here have not .
A criminal with a clean sheet is just a crim that has not been caught yet.
That is just the management not wanting to admit to the world that such a thing could happen at Cabala's . If they investigate they will have to admit that and by replacing the scope they admit that. So they hang the customer out to dry to save their face but may infact quietly fire the person or persons they think is involved . I have seen this kind of sick thinking time and time again in corporations.
If the victims are totally innocent of any attempt to rip off Cabela's then they need to take it to a consumer affairs type adjudication process not sure what it is called in the US . That usually puts public pressure on them to settle. Go to the local news paper and ask them for support . They should be only too happy to print a negative story about a gun shop ripping off a returned serviceman.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member

Lets turn the scenario around 180 degrees.

Would you be trying to return the scope if you ordered a Bushnell and got a Nightforce by mistake?

I think I know the answer.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post

Would you be trying to return the scope if you ordered a Bushnell and got a Nightforce by mistake?

Irrelevant ?
Old 10-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post

It is irrelevant but I know the answer for me. I would take it straight back and return it. Honor first!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet bumper View Post
Irrelevant ?
Obviously you need to rethink your reply.

The solution to the issue is in practicing due dilligence and persistence.

I injected my comment to get you to think about the course of action. P& Moaning isn't going to alleviate the issue.

and....it may come to resolve or it may be a Bushnell.