Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Silver Member

Re: bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet bumper View Post
That is not what they are saying happened here at all. The expensive scope was " paid for " by the customer but the cheap Bushnell scope ended up in the expensive scopes box and in the customers hands . I don't think anyone would con a salesman like that and loose $1700 to do it .
Can you see a wife buying a special coming home gift for her Veteran husband
and pulling any kind of rorte that could come undone and cast a big shadow and embarrassment on his home coming . No , I just can't see that happening .
Coming home from war is an emotional thing and I just can't see they would want to blemish that .
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it might not have been the counter sales man it might have been a customer that switched the NF to the Bushnell box and the Bushnell to the nightforce box and bought the NF in the bushy box. This happens all the time in stores like Walmart, cabelas, basspro sears and so on.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by submoa View Post
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it might not have been the counter sales man it might have been a customer that switched the NF to the Bushnell box and the Bushnell to the nightforce box and bought the NF in the bushy box. This happens all the time in stores like Walmart, cabelas, basspro sears and so on.
Ok I get you now , but I can't see a Nightforce fitting into a Bushnell box. The Nightforce would be much longer but I guess it is possible.
Either way it would still be the stores fault for not checking an " opened box " if that was the case. Hell the switch could have happened at Nightforce and the box never opened after manufacturers packing .
Still the store sold it and it is up to them to chase it back along the chain .
We are all giving Cabela's the benefit of the doubt but the circumstances sure make me think that the switch happened in the store . If the lady had been with a man I bet it would not have happened at that time .
They picked their mark .
Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member

Which is why, Number 1 always keep the receipt, gift or no gift. Paper trails are everything, the old she said thar you said that I said don't cut it..... period.

Two... Cabelas and ALL the online and box store outfitters are upstanding but none of them is going to give anyone a 1800 dollar scope and take back a 100 dollar scope because someone 'said' that it was misboxed. NO ONE WILL DO THAT.

All the big outfitters, when getting an online order or phone in, run all the store's inventories and ship from the store that has the most of that item. Thats inventory control.

Just had that happen on a Camo jacket from Cabelas. I even got the hanger so I know it came off the rack, in a store and not out of the Sidney distribution center.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Which is why, Number 1 always keep the receipt, gift or no gift. Paper trails are everything, the old she said thar you said that I said don't cut it..... period.

Two... Cabelas and ALL the online and box store outfitters are upstanding but none of them is going to give anyone a 1800 dollar scope and take back a 100 dollar scope because someone 'said' that it was misboxed. NO ONE WILL DO THAT.
Exactly, this is why I feel they need to contact upper managment or if possible an owner of Cabela's. This is a freak out of the ordinary situation and from here it needs to go to a personal level if you can get there. It will be up to that upper managment person to do what ever investigation they can and talk to the customer. Then decide if they believe the story. If they do believe the story, Cabela's is plenty strong enough to eat an $1800 scope.

The the floor manager that has to account for this loss is not likely to do it.

Like I said, be patient, write letters, call, e-mail or what ever. Be professional, courteous and persistant and document all conversations with dates and names in case it is needed later. But don't come off like a jerk, threaten with childish boycots or such. That will only make the customer look like the kind of person that would be pulling a dishonest stunt.

Jeff
Old 10-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet bumper View Post
I agree , you should always start out nice and give them every opportunity to do the right thing if you complaint is genuine.
However it don't always work , some scum bags see " nice " as " weak ".
A lot hinges on whether management will just take what the store says as gospel .
What worries me is , if the Bushnell scope was not stolen from inventory it will not show up as missing from stock.
In that case the store manager may believe the salesman as there may be little evidence of the switch .
The only saving grace is that it is possible that the store manager has suspicions about certain staff anyway and this could confirm that. Lets hope it does.
Yes you are right some people see nice as weak and the end result is someone being pushed over . I like what broz has said "take names and dates" go to the manager first dont jump over him give him a chance then go further run out every road . Then if you have any kind of evidence and no scope asssuming you know without a doubt that this has happened . Go get a Lawyer !!!!!!!! but be prepaired cuz they will promise you the moon and $1000 later you still may be without a scope.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member

Way back when I had an issue with 4 boxes of PPU, .338 Lapua I bought from Cabelas in Dundee, Michigan (I live 2 miles from the store BTW). Cabelas policy is no ammo returns period.

There are always exceptions to that period, period. I had 3 duds from the first box of 20, not acceptable in my book so I called the store, then talked to the store manager, then to Sidney, Nebraska, customer service and finally to the head of customer service and finally a full refund from the importers of PPU ammunition, TZ Importers, they even refunded my sales tax. I still have/had the rounds. I pulled the bullets, dumped the good vitavouri powder (was quite a bit, 91 grains per cartridge), popped the primers and tossed the brass in my reloading can.

I won't buy anymore PPU, ever.

Took about 4 months start to finish but Cabelas did stand being the product and forced (coerced) the distributor into refunding my money.

Must have been my black Cabelas card......

I could have assassinated them on the Internet but I didn't.

PPU is junk no matter where you buy it.

They didn't want it back, in fact, I was told to donate it to the local LE's. Just what they need, duds.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Silver Member

Cabelas said that none of there employess would cheat a customer like that because they all have to have background checks. What do you think about that.