Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Silver Member

Re: bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

Sounds more like a customer pulled an okiedokie on the sales man!

I have seen this done and help a sales man catch a guy that did this.

First thy ask to see some high end scopes then while looking at the high enders they say they want a lower priced scope, then with high end scope and cheapo on counter he'll ask for some thing that well be in the back and as the clerk goes for that he'll pull a switch wait till the clerk comes back and then say make sure you put this back ill be back for it put I want the one now and away goes the highender in a cheapo box.

Also my mom work at sears and they had people buy stuff then bring it back looking like it was never open but it had bricks in the box not the product that was suppose to be in the box.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Gold Member

That is not what they are saying happened here at all. The expensive scope was " paid for " by the customer but the cheap Bushnell scope ended up in the expensive scopes box and in the customers hands . I don't think anyone would con a salesman like that and loose $1700 to do it .
Can you see a wife buying a special coming home gift for her Veteran husband
and pulling any kind of rorte that could come undone and cast a big shadow and embarrassment on his home coming . No , I just can't see that happening .
Coming home from war is an emotional thing and I just can't see they would want to blemish that .
Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Gold Member

I spoke to Len about a forum based appeal to collect the donations but apparently they can't do that kind of thing . So back to square one.
I sure would like to help the poor wife and a fellow veteran but I don't know what else to do .
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Silver Member

They have cabelas management looking into it now, so hopefully it will get fixed for him.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I would advise them to take it higher in managment. The home store is in Sidney Nebraska. Be professional and don't give up yet.

Jeff
I have read all of the posts on this thread at this time and this post seems to be the best advice that could be given at this specific time.

May I echo what has already been said.

Take it to higher managment .
Be professional.

The old saying goes . You can draw more flies with honey than with vinegar. Be nice and treat them kindly and they may go the extra mile for you. Once you try and pull the im going to do this or that and get rough card then you have no other option...
Just my opinion.

Good luck!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7magmike View Post
They have cabelas management looking into it now, so hopefully it will get fixed for him.
That is good to hear . We all agree that Cabela's should be given every opportunity to look into this .
One of the reasons I feel that this is a genuine thing is a similar thing happened to me . My wife bought me a NV scope while on a trip and she got ripped off by gross over charging because she had no idea of what it should normally cost. I never told my wife that , because it would upset her .
I have dealt with many upper management people in my time and most will only make a real decision on things like this if they are forced .
I hope the complaint is as documented as possible stating times , dates , people involved , things said and done etc.
I wish I was over there helping because I am a really good complainer , it is in my genes . I'm half English .
Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post

Be nice and treat them kindly and they may go the extra mile for you.

Good luck!
I agree , you should always start out nice and give them every opportunity to do the right thing if you complaint is genuine.
However it don't always work , some scum bags see " nice " as " weak ".
A lot hinges on whether management will just take what the store says as gospel .
What worries me is , if the Bushnell scope was not stolen from inventory it will not show up as missing from stock.
In that case the store manager may believe the salesman as there may be little evidence of the switch .
The only saving grace is that it is possible that the store manager has suspicions about certain staff anyway and this could confirm that. Lets hope it does.