Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Silver Member

bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

I know a guy who just got back from Afganistan. While he was over there his wife bought him a nightforce scope from cabelas. He got home yesterday and opene the box to find a bushnell 3-9x40. His wife lost the receipt so I guess he is stuck with a $1800. bushnell.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: bought a nightforce but got a bushnell

Man that sucks. I hope they go in and talk with Cabels's. I will be very shocked if Cabela's does not take care of it. It could be very well a dishonest employee and Cabela's need to be aware in case there are more issues. Or it could have been an honest mistake, but any employee that puts a 3x9 Bushnell in a Nightforce box need to be transfered to another department.

Jeff
Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

Remind them that if they used a credit card, they have a copy on file of probably both the reciept and the purchase record with the CC company. probably. For that matter Cabelas probably does as well.

Larry
Tinkerer
Old 10-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Gold Member

That really puts you off buying anything .
If they don't come to the party and replace it then I would be going down to the shop with about 20 of my Army buddies and jamming the counters up until they handed a nightforce over or the cops turn up and then I would do it again and agian .
Old 10-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Platinum Member

I agree with the prior post. Most people pay by credit card. In my experience, Cabelas is a first class operation. I would speak to them. I would also think that the Bushnell scope may hace a serial number that was recorded in Cabelas inventory which could be tracked, and possibly determined missing, or unaccounted. The systems are pretty sophisticated.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Gold Member

I'd be interested to see how this turns out. Even when you prove you purchased the Nightforce, anybody could make the same purchase, stick a lesser valued scope in the box and try to return it for a refund or exchange. When they inventory, there should be an extra empty Bushnell box sitting around to confirm what happened.

Cabelas is a first class orgonization but the it's a revolving door of sales people behind the gun counter with a lot of hands touching the merchandise. Still, if that's what happened, it's up to them to figure it out and make it right.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I agree with the prior post. Most people pay by credit card. In my experience, Cabelas is a first class operation. I would speak to them. I would also think that the Bushnell scope may hace a serial number that was recorded in Cabelas inventory which could be tracked, and possibly determined missing, or unaccounted. The systems are pretty sophisticated.
I agree I reckon if he contacts them , David Abela will fix it up.
However funny things can happen and sometimes you just have to fight back.
In my day in the Army we would not cop anyone beating up or robbing a soldier if they did and we could track them down we did , even if it meant getting into trouble with the law we made them regret that they did it . One for all and all for one .