Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Bore Cleaning ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: Bore Cleaning ?

wow, sure if your willing to send some samples id love to take you up on it.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

THANKS!!!

www.jglezos@aol.com
Old 06-13-2006, 01:47 PM
SPONSOR

I also have TEC and I really like wipe out used with Accelerator.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:12 AM
Bronze Member

abinok, have you ever tried Forrest bore cleaning foam?
If so, how does it compare to wipe out?
Forrest bore foam has been around sice 1994 and the makers of Sako seem to approve of it. Seems to have the same application method as wipe out.
I have some, but cant get any wipe out locally.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Silver Member

abinok,

did you get the e-mail i sent you?

& thanks for the tips guys.

www.jglezos@aol.com
Old 06-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Gold Member

im not familiar with the forrest foam you speak of... the only other stuff ive used was outers. The funny tyhing was... it seemed to work fine the first appkication, but after that, it was really really weak. Not sure whats up with that. I was so annoyed with it I haven't tried another can to see if its a fluke. The wipeout is so good as a "set and let her soak a while" cleaner that I can't imagine anything better. The GM Tec is brutal on carbon/powder fouling with only a few brush strokes, and when im in a hurry, the 50bmg is super fast. Faster than CR-10, faster than copermelt, faster than hoppes benchrest (come on guys... that was a joke... oh... nevermind) faster than anything ive ever used. Its not ever (so far) a one application product if ive got 20-30 rounds down the pipe, but its rarely more than a 3 application product... and thats on the bad foulers. my 243 is one application... clean.

It really is awful the blue sludge that the wipeout makes from copper fouling [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Get some when you run out of your current stuff (provided of coures that youre happy with your current stuff) and you won't be disappointed.
Ill go a step further...

If you believe in the stuff youre using... give some away... there are guys reading this right now that think hoppes #9 is the answer to their bore cleaning needs, and thats sad. I wish I could have all the time back that I spent running brushes and patches those first couple of years before I first tried CR-10... and I haven't even oppened the bottle of stuff in about a year!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Silver Member

Thanks a million abinok.

the wipeout and accelerator showed up yesterday. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

www.jglezos@aol.com
Old 06-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Gold Member

Really? The carrier musta packed it on the back of a snail riding a glacier or something! Let me know what you think!