Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.


Reply

Black gun rant

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #43  
Old 07-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,844
I have an idea------we could go to your range and when the "rude" people set up next to us then we change the bolt and barrel to the 338 Lapua Improved that is braked!! Man that thing will make your head hurt!!! I use my plugs and ear muffs for that beast!!

I will go out on a limb here and predict that they will move down a few spots. Will never even have to say a word!!
__________________
The Truth Is Not Always Good For Business!!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
I read enough of your posts to get your message. You went out of your way to find criticism and the best you could do was feel slighted because GG described the equipment he owned or was entrusted with. Are you really capable of believing the purpose of the post was to describe the cost and value of the guns he owned, or his client's equipment?

You find fault with GG's posts because he describes the equipment he brought to the range and downplay the disrespectfulness of the semi-auto shooter(s).

This is a real winner... buzzgun quote "If you had set up all the way to the left, this would have never happened......"

Now we all understand and thanks for pointing the obvious out to us. It was GG's fault and he got what he had coming because he didn't set up on the left-most benches. Is it also your position that no one can use a vacant bench to the right of semi-auto shooters at the gun range because they have the need to exhaust their empties on the bench to the right, above and beyond the rights of others who would like to use the vacant right side benches? Can we extend this thought process one step further... buzzgun says it's alright to clear the benches to the right for his own use by emptying his semi-auto brass onto the shooter to the right. Is that how you obtain your benches at the shooting range? Move over left of the last bench and then shower the shooter to the right with hot brass.

You seem oversensitive to being wrong. But that doesn't change the fact of the matter.

GG doesn't need my help. But I've solicited his help in the past, and he brings valued information to the forum. What you seem to bring is ATTITUDE.

Get a grip dude! I agreed with him that spraying hot brass on fellow shooters was rude......however, if you doubt for one second that GG was looking down his nose at the black rifle guys, you can easily remove all doubt when you read this part of his post:

"It didn't seem to bother them that they were spitting hot brass all over thousands of dollars worth of equipment that I doubt they could pay for. "

If that sound like he thinks he has more right to be there because his stuff costs more.......well, your head is firmly planted in the sand......


By the way, I don't spray brass.......on other shooters.......I either use a brass catcher or make sure I'm far enough away that they don't get hit.......
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrouper View Post
Wait a minute, didn't you tell me that you had several black guns that were worth much more than my Walmart priced bench gun? Yet I didn't feel you were an elitist for saying it. You were proving your point that you spent waaayy too much for an AR and I was showing the value of property that was being damaged by guns similiar to your expensive rig.

Here's another observation:
I find it very peculiar that people who like to label others as elitists get offended so much by them. It all seems like it's rooted in insecurities of their own, otherwise, why would they care what they think of them? Or in other words, the category of "elitist" is created by these insecure people out of jealousy, disdain, or generalizing which is the very same finger they point and use to blame the "elitists" for doing! Very ironic.

Nope, I said: "if we are playing "mine is bigger than yours" based on price tags.......I've got "black rifles" that make your $3000 custom look like a WalMart Savage....."

I wasn't proving that I "spent waaayy too much for an AR".......(I wasn't referring to my ARs) I was making the point that some "black rifles" cost more than all the equipment you had on all three benches combined......

You can claim that you weren't looking down your nose at the black rifle guys, but your post suggests otherwise......when you mention your "thousands of dollars worth of equipment that I doubt they could pay for".......your words tell the tale.....

Have a nice day!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 3,365
So if GG had been using army surplus weapons his post would have been legitimate, but because you decide to conclude he was flaunting the value of his guns and peripheral equipment, his post is without merit? How did he flaunt it? By bringing his guns and equipment out to the range? And how in your mind does that even factor into the behavior of the guys ejecting their empties on him?

Did GG say he mentioned anything to the shooters at the range about how his equipment was better than theirs because it cost more than their equipment did, and that because of those reasons he had a priority use of the benches at the range? That he was high class and they were low class based on the weapons they were shooting. Not that I read. That's an issue you created to conclude GG might have had it coming.

When the majority of posters disagree with you; when after the folley of your argument has been plainly illustrated; and you continue to hold on in the effort to save face and justify your position, then I say...

Wrong... and ATTITUDE

You miss the whole point of the thread and now try to justify your errant position by hanging onto a justification that you created, not GG.

I'll let you have the last say so if you'll sleep better. I can handle it...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys46 View Post
Now if they show up with a H&K 308 watch out. I have never seen anything eject brass that hard. :eek:
You've got that right. My HK SL7 will cause a concussion if you're hit by an empty. I have to sit at the bench at the far right, because no one is safe (and brass catchers won't fit).

But then, I've always found the little Ruger 10/22's and 10/17's much more annoying. At least a .223 shell will bounce off, but those little rimfires find the holes in your shirt and dive right in!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzgun View Post
Nope, I said: "if we are playing "mine is bigger than yours" based on price tags.......I've got "black rifles" that make your $3000 custom look like a WalMart Savage....."

I wasn't proving that I "spent waaayy too much for an AR".......(I wasn't referring to my ARs) I was making the point that some "black rifles" cost more than all the equipment you had on all three benches combined......

You can claim that you weren't looking down your nose at the black rifle guys, but your post suggests otherwise......when you mention your "thousands of dollars worth of equipment that I doubt they could pay for".......your words tell the tale.....

Have a nice day!
Do me a favor and send me some of what you are smoking----I have had them all AI AWM's, PSG1, SR90, Stoners (want to buy a SR25 RAS or SR15 RAS with a ATN Gen3+ weapon sight with Pelican case Mil-Spec tube or one with a USO SN4) every brand of the AR platform including Les and his excellent stuff. Hell if you think that they are that great send me a PM as I have a deal for you!!

The only rifles that have been able to shoot with my customs are other customs but then they are built to much tighter tolerances than the "black ops stuff" My AI AWM's in 338 are very impressive for what they are but you will not win any BR shooting contests with them.

Here we have one of the better known "black gun" ranges west of town about 70 miles called Tac Pro(Bill Davidson a great guy btw is the sole owner after his now ex moved back to England) and we go out there to shoot the 400 yard clay pigeon shoots. There are no backers or berms close enough to judge where your round hits so skill is paramount. I always get a kick out of pounding the "black gun or sniper" wannabe's some of which are my friends who compete in the tactical discipline and it is fun!

Now we all know a rifle with a 1oz trigger with no safety is a special purpose rifle and would not last 10 minutes in a combat environment. The other point is market price is just that --- a PSG1 is obsolete from a deployment standpoint but commands a price in excess of 15k so market value does not necessarily represent the required intrinsic value imho so to speak but to each his own.
__________________
The Truth Is Not Always Good For Business!!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
So if GG had been using army surplus weapons his post would have been legitimate, but because you decide to conclude he was flaunting the value of his guns and peripheral equipment, his post is without merit? How did he flaunt it? By bringing his guns and equipment out to the range? And how in your mind does that even factor into the behavior of the guys ejecting their empties on him?

Did GG say he mentioned anything to the shooters at the range about how his equipment was better than theirs because it cost more than their equipment did, and that because of those reasons he had a priority use of the benches at the range? That he was high class and they were low class based on the weapons they were shooting. Not that I read. That's an issue you created to conclude GG might have had it coming.

When the majority of posters disagree with you; when after the folley of your argument has been plainly illustrated; and you continue to hold on in the effort to save face and justify your position, then I say...

Wrong... and ATTITUDE

You miss the whole point of the thread and now try to justify your errant position by hanging onto a justification that you created, not GG.

I'll let you have the last say so if you'll sleep better. I can handle it...

Apparently you can't READ.......I never said GG deserved to be sprayed with hot brass and I said it wouldn't matter what type of equipment he had on the bench.....they shouldn't have sprayed him with hot brass......I also never said he said anything to the black gun guys about what his equipment is worth.......pay attention!

As far as what the majority thinks......ever heard of the mob mentality??......and, by the way, according to polls, the majority think Obama should be the next president.......does that make them right????

Last edited by buzzgun; 07-22-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Black gun rant
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gun shows RANT !! James Jones General Discussion 17 08-28-2014 07:54 PM
Rant - Why no pics? TORCHRIDER Guns For Sale 17 04-03-2011 09:57 PM
Big Rant royinidaho General Discussion 9 03-20-2010 07:37 AM
Mr. Roy's Rant royinidaho General Discussion 2 05-20-2006 01:54 PM
Hair (rant mode on) Dave King General Discussion 6 07-31-2004 01:44 PM

Current Poll
Are you on Facebook?
Yes - 46.37%
1,117 Vote
No - 19.55%
471 Votes
No, but I may join - 1.78%
43 Votes
No way, are you kidding? - 36.03%
868 Votes
Total Votes: 2,409
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC