Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Black gun rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzgun View Post
Your post smacked of elitism when you felt the need to tell everyone how valuable your equipment was......
Wait a minute, didn't you tell me that you had several black guns that were worth much more than my Walmart priced bench gun? Yet I didn't feel you were an elitist for saying it. You were proving your point that you spent waaayy too much for an AR and I was showing the value of property that was being damaged by guns similiar to your expensive rig.

Here's another observation:
I find it very peculiar that people who like to label others as elitists get offended so much by them. It all seems like it's rooted in insecurities of their own, otherwise, why would they care what they think of them? Or in other words, the category of "elitist" is created by these insecure people out of jealousy, disdain, or generalizing which is the very same finger they point and use to blame the "elitists" for doing! Very ironic.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.

Last edited by goodgrouper; 07-22-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus View Post
GG,
Unfortunately, rude behavior is spreading and becoming more commonplace. Not just at the range, but everywhere. We don't have a private range here so we all have to use the publice range. This is why I rarely go there on weekends or holidays. I'm sure some folks' perspectives might be altered were they to receive a hot case down their collar, but short of this they remain oblivious.

I have had bozos shoot at my target and even use my range flags for targets. Not being cynical or devilish, they simply don't know any better. Not just the black gun crowd but I agree, their ilk seem to be among the more clueless. Not generalizing, just an observation that concurs with your own.

Festus

Thanks Festus. I agree with you 100%. It's funny you should mention someone using your windflags for targets. I have had that happen myself. ANd guess who dunnit? You can probably guess!
Pull it
Dump it

Last edited by goodgrouper; 07-21-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
What's amazing is how consistently some are able to do so.
Isn't it though? I think it's becoming all too commonplace.

Btw, is your rifle still shooting well?
Pull it
Dump it

Last edited by goodgrouper; 07-22-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:12 AM
Platinum Member

I had about the same experience the other day. Had a couple of rookies out shooting prairie dogs with ARs. I was spotting for them and as usual I positioned myself to the left of the left shooter so as not to get shelled. What I didnt know was that the left shooter was not only left handed but had a Stag-Arms left port AR. All it took was the first round landing in my lap to realize my mistake :eek:. I moved in between them and spotted in safty as the Lefty was apologising for not warning me.
Ya the guys should have been more considerate but next time set up on or move to the left benches and keep an eye out for those wrong handed devils shootin left port guns
Old 07-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member

Let me figure this out with an analogy.

You buy a brand new pickup truck that you spend tens of thousands of dollars for, and somebody does a "burnout" in a gravel parking lot which showers your brand new truck with rocks.

If you rant about that moron you must be a "Treehugger"!

Now I get it! If you complain about someones actions and you must have some ulterior motive other than your original complaint.

This could be fun

So let's see NONYA complained first that you are in with Zumbo.....what is the hidden meaning here? Find the hidden meaning.

edge.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstrick View Post
I have seen d___heads at every range.
That's exactly why when I go to the public range, I get there at sunrise and am done and gone before any of them arrive.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member

That happens (used to at least) every time we go to a zero range with our M4's. I started requesting the lane on the left end. At least the qualifying lanes are spread out enough so you don't catch your buddies brass.
At the public range I rarely visit they have a couple benches set up with plexiglass between them. If I can't get the bench on the end(it has glass on one side) I will pick one that has it. The muzzle blast from the braked EDGE can be pretty annoying to others. It beats the crap out of you in a confined space, but it's my rifle so I should take the beating...not them.
Most people don't realise they are spraying you, if you don't educate them...they will remain ignorant. I would have said something.