Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Bill and Lerch, V.H.A. club awards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Bill and Lerch, V.H.A. club awards.

Thanks Kirby.
You're next big guy! I hope those chucks in Montana sleep fast this winter so you can start banging away this spring.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

GG,

Hope to get more field time this year but the work load is looking pretty tight so far into late spring at least. Good to be busy.

I assure you though that there will be some attemp made in the 1500 and 2000 yard ranges. Weither I get hits is yet to be seen [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!!

By the way, nice Buff you popped here in Montana. Hope you had a great time up here. That is truely beautiful country where you were hunting.

Did you get chance to wet a fishing line in the Madison?? BIG rainbows and cutthroats!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 01-16-2006, 12:16 PM
SPONSOR

The 1500yd club stands a chance of being busted into this coming weekend. If the wind cooperates me and BJ are going back out to dog town on Saturday, this time we have a different game plan.

Usually we identify a area that has a lot of dogs in it roughly 20yds wide that we know a rough range for and just start banging. This has gotten us AMAZINGLY close sevaral times but it is also starting to piss me off [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

This time we are gonna use the Wild to get a confirmed range on a single dog or mound and then begin to fire. I figure this way we will definantly be more precise and hopfully cut down on sighter shots.

It is amazing the difference in the attitude of dogs near the road, which is where we have to shot to get 1600yds, and the attitude of dogs where we shoot at 1000yds. At 1k they will set for 3-4 shots before they waddle off. Near the road if they see a dust cloud they lite the rocket in their @$$ and are off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this weekend will be it, if not it will be hell of a lot of fun trying!!!!!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

take it easy
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST