Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Bill and Lerch, V.H.A. club awards.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006, 02:13 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Bill and Lerch, V.H.A. club awards.

Thanks 7mmRHB,

Havent been on the board much lately since we are doing inventory at my families store and BJ is at home playing mr.mom. I do all the gun inventory and we have 6800 registered firearms on last count, freakin sucks.

It was pretty slick to have our names published in a magazine. I cant wait to get the other 2 legs of the grandslam. AS for 1500yds, we were closer than imaginable last sunday. Within 1" on a few dogs and one dog ran out of the way while BJ's bullet was in flight, little ba$T@rd [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I am wanting to learn to range one dog or group of dogs better and then really calculate everything for the first shot instead of just trying to keep shots in the same area like we do right now. It would help if the weather would co-operate here we might be able to do more.

Sunday it was mostly calm and 80+ deg, monday was 30deg and windy, today there is 3" of snow, thursday on my birthday it is supposed to be 70-80deg again. Doesnt make any damn sense [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

It was pretty cool to show people the magazine and tell people I talk to the guys that made the 2k club, CONGRATTS AGAIN GG AND UNCLEB [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Damn shame they dont have some kind of BOAG award 7mm, that 640yd kill would have made you a shoe in, it was a hell of a shot [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

thanks
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 01-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Silver Member

Lerch,I hear you on the inventory stuff,I used to work at a modular home factory and had to do inventory then log and price each piece from a computer printout. It took forever so I don't envy your task. Hang in there on the 1500 shot, it will come!!
The B.O.A.G. shot did get me listed in the club awards with you guys but I dought anyone from the V.H.A. noticed that it was done with a 22 Hornet? doesn't matter, on to 1000 this year the hard way. 6br slow twist with 55gr NBT. Should be fun. good luck---7mmrhb
Old 01-10-2006, 08:00 PM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't matter, on to 1000 this year the hard way. 6br slow twist with 55gr NBT. Should be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck, my friend. Those 55 gr gave me zero, and I mean zero consistancy once I passed 700 yds out of my .243. I guess if you sling enough of them out there, you'll eventually hit something. It might not be what you were aiming at, but hey, dead is dead!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Gold Member

Big Congrats to you guys! I'm sure you'll get 1500yds soon!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member

Yes, congrats are in order for you guys. Two clubs in one year is a great feat.

Keep up the good work! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member

I still laugh every time I think about that bullet "rainbowing" in on that fat ol' chuck! It barely damaged it at all-almost reloadable!

The 55 grainer out of the 6br at 1000 yards will be about the same difficulty level. But it should be easier once we get above 10,000 feet! It can be done. I will never doubt that rainbow bullet again. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I once recovered a 40 grain vmax from a dirt pile I was shooting at with my 223 at 1000 yards. I really could load up that bullet again! Not even the tip was missing! It probably wouldn't have bruised a mouse. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Congrats boys, more to come soon. I do believe you will soon have a challanger for the MOAGs!!! Congrats to GG and UB as well.

I am thinking we need to get a couple more catagories for you boys, 2500 and 3000 yard clubs will be in order someday I suspect for all of you.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com