Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Big Bummer In Phoenix, AZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Gold Member

Re: Big Bummer In Phoenix, AZ

Phoenix Rod and Gun Club. 500 yards, inexpensive, well run. join. Prgc.com
Old 07-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Bronze Member

riof16,

Many options, my friend. You can go out on the West side of the White Tanks, take a dirt road off the scenic route and find a place. As long as that area isn't built up that much (sorry, it's been several years)

Some of my favorite areas are around here: Drive North towards Lake Pleasant. Take 99th Ave until you hit the Carefree Highway (74) and take a left. Once you pass the lake and climb the hill, you can pick a dirt road on either side (south probably better) or you can go a little further until you're out of the foothills for some flatter areas.

It might be a little further to drive, but sure is more fun watching them targets bounce all over the desert. Range limitations are as far as you can see. Just keep an eye out for dirtbikes on the weekends tho.

Or, take I-17 north to Table Mesa Road and head West. Popular area to shoot, riders there as well, so you may have to look around a little to get the right distance you're looking for.

Can't wait to go back home and shoot...too many darned trips to the other desert keeping me away.

Chris
Old 07-27-2012, 03:59 PM
GNERGY

I belong to Riosoladosportsmansclub.com it is on ellsworth right below the giant words <Phoenix in white on the mountain. I usually go several times a week and can shoot out to 500 meters. You are more than welcome to go as my guest. They have 15 covered benches on the High Power range and lots of places to shoot prone.
Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Tarey

I'm from Ohio also, moved here 9 yrs ago, but my dream place to live is Montana.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNERGY View Post
I belong to Riosoladosportsmansclub.com it is on ellsworth right below the giant words <Phoenix in white on the mountain. I usually go several times a week and can shoot out to 500 meters. You are more than welcome to go as my guest. They have 15 covered benches on the High Power range and lots of places to shoot prone.
Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Tarey

I'm from Ohio also, moved here 9 yrs ago, but my dream place to live is Montana.
Great place I have shot there many times while living in Mesa.

Shoot straight & stay safe.