Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

Beware of your local guns shops........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 AM
Gold Member

Re: Beware of your local guns shops........

This is a little off, but a local shop i stopped into Wednesday. The owner was carrying on about OBUMMER and Biden and Gun Control. Come to find out he as a gun shop owner voted for the SOB's.I turned on looked him right in the eye and said " You deserve what you got, and this is the last time your going to see me"
Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member

A lot of people are panic buying and as long as they will pay the price,someone will sell for
that price.

I try to plan ahead and dont grt caught in a bind but sometimes it happens, and I just wait
for things to settle down instead of paying 3 prices.

Vendors that price gouge will pay in the long run, and lose customers or even go out of buisness.

Like you said; dont buy from them anymore/Ever.

J E CUSTOM
Old 02-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Our local shop is good, I think he's just kept doing business like usual, the only things over priced are things that people have brought in and consigned and some of that is stupid over priced but if I had extra AR stuff laying around I'd be hocking it in a hurry to buy some long range optics

Our only store that was rediculous about price gouging ever time they though they could mark something up went tits up last year because they couldn't support the store in the winter when all they had were locals to sell to, they were also the business ALWAYS on the local radio with the buy local be local adds while trying to rape anyone who walked into the store!!
Same thing here, both of the 2 shops I go to localy haven't raised a single price they don't have to, bought a pound of powder the other day that I had to blow the dust off, so I know their not even thinking about raising prices.

One of em has a used XD9 way cheaper than you see them on gunbroker for, they just don't see a need to ask more. Their words "why raise prices? we're making our money as it is, so why piss people off?"
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Gold Member

bigngreen, I'm with you on the AR deal,I sold mine to pay for my 2nd NF I had $1200. in it including optics and my shop guy sold it for me on gun broker for $2600. how stupid is that what helped it sold the day after Obummers speech.
My gun dealer apologized he said I put to low of a reserve on it $2500 he said the bidding went nuts and it was at $2600 before they could stop the auction. Me I was happy New NF and some extra in my pocket.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kaney View Post
This is a little off, but a local shop i stopped into Wednesday. The owner was carrying on about OBUMMER and Biden and Gun Control. Come to find out he as a gun shop owner voted for the SOB's.I turned on looked him right in the eye and said " You deserve what you got, and this is the last time your going to see me"

RIGHT ON Gary !!!!!!!
It sucks that we all have to pay for their stupidity !
Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 AM

Personally its the one's out there that are Panicing and buying up all the different Ammo that's making it difficult for those that are into Shooting,Target Practicing and Hunting for the Sport...We're the ones that can't find any ammo or have to pay higher prices!

I'll wait til the frenzy dies down and gets back to normal,I'll just watch how much Hunting I do and not do any un-needed target practicing so I don't waste what Ammo I have.

4 Years ago when Mr. Knucklehead got into Office Everyone was buying up ammo and I couldn't even get me an extra box of shells for my Deer Rifle,now we're having the same thing happen again,and if any Gun Shop gouges me on supplies or ammo they will no longer see my business....hows that saying go,"They may have won the battle,but not the War"!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOHunter View Post
Personally its the one's out there that are Panicing and buying up all the different Ammo that's making it difficult for those that are into Shooting,Target Practicing and Hunting for the Sport...We're the ones that can't find any ammo or have to pay higher prices!

I'll wait til the frenzy dies down and gets back to normal,I'll just watch how much Hunting I do and not do any un-needed target practicing so I don't waste what Ammo I have.

4 Years ago when Mr. Knucklehead got into Office Everyone was buying up ammo and I couldn't even get me an extra box of shells for my Deer Rifle,now we're having the same thing happen again,and if any Gun Shop gouges me on supplies or ammo they will no longer see my business....hows that saying go,"They may have won the battle,but not the War"!
I too have thought about his first 4 year term , I remember when I couldnt find Federal 215M primers if I did they would be around $70 to $80 a 1000. Now I cannot even find them at all . My dad did find some primers while out of town in a little gun shop and they were $70 he didnt remember what brand or size when asked but he didint forget the price.....