Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

Beware of your local guns shops........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member

Beware of your local guns shops........

I decided to run down to my local gun shop (it's a pawn /gun shop).
I checked to see if he had any AR's in stock or .223 and .308 Ammo for sale and I talked to the attendent as the owner was not there . When I asked if he had any .223's on order the attendent told me that he did "but" when they came in the owner would post them for sale on gunbroaker and other forums because what the price shows that others are listing them for . He then told me that he didnt want too list them on his shelf for what they are listed for on the net , he didnt want to do his "local customers that way" . So I thought I would share this with you all .The next time that you go to your local gun mom and pop shop and you dont see anything to purchase it may be because they are in the back of the store waiting to go on the net !
Old 02-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: Beware of your local guns shops........

Good call, thanks!

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Silver Member

I have made it clear to just about anyone that i deal with if they try to gouge us or raise the pricing unrealistically I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN... These guys are make a ton of cash on fear.. and that just isn't right...

J-
Old 02-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Bronze Member

Its a free market economy. If people are gonna pay the price and make the demand high for them then I don't see anything wrong with it. I'd just wait till the price comes down in a year or so and get one then.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Silver Member

I absolutely agree it is free market economy.... I am free to shop elsewhere... If this were to happen with gas prices there would be federal investigation..
J
Old 02-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Bronze Member

The big difference being gas is a national commodity everyone needs to have and use and a gun is a personal item we choose to buy at the price the market defines. If you want lower prices, you'll have to drop demand which isn't happening.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Silver Member

I don't need gas.. i could ride a bike.... or look at it the other way.. I need a gun for self protection..

we both agree. free market.. I am choosing to not to business with these gougers..

J-
The thread is closed